What did you do (in November)?

Cassel

micfin, thank you! I also enlarge the photos, because I love to see the techniques and details. Everyone has a different style and I think this is what is great here. I learn with all of you....Your new layout is beautiful! I love the colors, the cute font, the frame, background, the silhouette... great job.

Sue, your layouts are lovely! I like very much the frames you created and thank you for explaining how you did. I have to try to make them.

Now I'm going to have to use time I was keeping to do something practical so I can try your new suggestions, Sue. I'm so disappointed...NOT. I'd rather do this than pretty much anything else. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks so much, April and Christina. I'm glad you liked my project. I have a thing for the Aurora Borealis. The colors in this particular picture I found were just astoundingly gorgeous. They really inspired me.

Just a little additional info: I used the shape tool to make the stars for the dots over the "i's" in the text. Then I used Corel ParticleShop Plugin to create the little flares to put under the stars. The font is Heavenfield, another one that I picked up during a $1 FontsBundles deal.

I shall make this my last framed page to post.  I'm always happy to share what knowledge I have. I'm always learning from others.  This is the gold fill pattern I made and used in this rose frame, feel free to  download it and add it to your Patterns folder in PSP.  Go to documents, Corel folder, open the PSP program that you are using, and paste it into  the patterns folder. I love all the work submitted.  Like you I too open the  pages to  have a closer look, and make note of details added, and learn from them.  Great work girls!

Thank you ever so much ladies!  I should have mentioned, that in order to obtain the gold fill, click  to enlarge the image, right click,  and select: save image as. Seeing as the festive season will soon be upon us I as shall be making a Christmas frame or two.  I will post one along with written instruction on how I made it. Happy PSPing! :-)

Sue, I've used your method, but instead of adding borders, I increased the canvass size for the outer frame. That way I could still manipulate the other elements as I went along. I also tried putting the corner elements on this project above the background, but below the layers where the cutout effect was applied. I thought it looked pretty cool.

Wishing a wonderful Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.

I love it.  I had never thought of putting elements under the cutout, it is certainly a cool effect, and works a treat! I agree  increasing the canvas size to create the border  can work better if you have elements that you  want to manipulate as you go along.  Great work! You could always save the  main layer, retaining all the elements as individual layers,  as a PSP file using a new name, while you work on  creating the borders.  Once  you  are happy, add it to the framed project.  You can always go back to mend or alter the one file at  any time.

micfin, a creative page and looks great!  I do something similar to Sue, when I am trying new ideas I will always save a file at the point I am happy with it. and then duplicate the file and use it for testing new things so I don't change things without realizing it and  end up loosing what I was happy with.  I enjoy seeing your projects.... best wishes

Dawn.

Wait no longer Cristina.  This is a frame I made 2yrs ago, with  a photo of my 3 girls in.  Meg, Nell and Tess my beloved border collie.  I  opened the file yesterday, used the  selection tool to select the  photo, and hit delete.  I replaced it with the  cluster.  To make the background paper, I used the  cluster to make a seamless tile. Effects, seamless tiling, settings corner checked, horizontal checked. Again, seamless tiling, settings vertical checked.  Then on a separate layer, I flood filled with the  foreground colour, move that layer to the bottom.  I merged visible,  adjust, blur gaussian blur. radius 18.   Effects art media effects,  brush strokes. File, new, materials palette, pattern, choose the seamless tiling you created, and flood fill.  Save.

Open the cluster, new mask layer, from image.  Copy and paste the  masked  cluster onto the  background paper.  Tip:  This is how you get different shades of the same colour.   Materials palette, left click into background colour and change the 'lightness'.  (Materials palette, change from wheel to slider.  change RGB slider to HSL slider, and change the lightness according to what you want).  I make notes as I go along, I hope I haven't left anything out, and it makes sense to you.

I made this frame last night using an image I scanned from a  bought Christmas card I received last  year.  I go through  the  previous year's cards and scan some of them, before recycling. The image is  600 x 700 pixels. Here's how I did it. Add border 1 pixel  in black. Add border 6 pixels use a colour not in image, activate the magic wand, click in frame, flood fill with  gold fill pattern.  select none. add border 1 pixel  in black. add border 20 pixels, choose a colour of choice I used #d22402.  Click with magic wand in the frame, effects , textures, mosaic. effects inner bevel. Add border 1 pixel black.  add border 12 pixels use a colour not in  image, magic wand, flood fill with gold fill. select none. Add borders 1 pixel black,  add border 25 pixels colour #d22402, magic wand,  select,  textures, mosaic, inner bevel.   Add border  1 pixel black, select none.  add border 6 pixels, flood fill with gold fill.   Selections modify contract, by about 75 pixels, to the edge of the  image.  On a new layer Effects, 3D effects, cutout about 5 pixels, repeat on a new layer  about -5. Some settings may vary depending on the size of image.

Here are two more that I've made over the  past few days.  The blue framed image is Nell, that I extracted from a photo I took of her.  Using a not so good autumn photo for the background and a photo of blue sky with some clouds.  I placed the  sky photo under the  autumn one and changed the blend mode to luminance.  This is what I  ended up with. I then placed Nell on top, and changed the blend mode to luminace.  I then created the  frame using the colours  in the  image. I'm going to use  it in a Christmas card for a horsey friend.

The deer image I mage the other day  t to be used in a birthday card for a cousin.  In this one I used   edit, paste into selection , to achieve the  pattern.

I am completely blown away by all of these projects. They're really lovely. I've bookmarked this page because there are so many great suggestions that I want to try out.

Thank you, ladies, again, for your kind words.

The method I use is every time I make significant changes to a project, I save it with new number. This way I can go back to an older version. Sometimes I'll save a merged layer and add it to my frame later. Oh, and I usually document what fonts, materials, and different methods I've used in the Image Information section. I have a really bad memory so I would never remember what I did on past projects.

In the spirit of the season for my fellow American scrappers, here's something I made for this year's Thanksgiving. Enjoy your day.

Thank you ever so much for  your  very kind comments on my projects.  It's very much appreciated.  I too use either a letter or a number after the title  to save multiple  stages of a particular project, it also keeps  particular files together, rather than having them dotted all over the place in a folder.  I would very much like to see some of your framed projects posted, as I'm always eager to  learn from others like yourselves.  I too have a bad memory, and  make notes in the information section for future reference.  I also jot down  notes on paper as I go along, to be consistent with  the  widths when adding borders.  That goes to show how bad my memory can be. :-)

Kind regards

Sue

Wow, Sue, like I said it before, your frames are really amazing! I look at each one and cannot say which one I like better...They are all beautiful. I am copying your comments/instructions to experiment some time later. Thanks again for sharing! <3

micfin, I agree with you...it would be great to have a "like" button. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you ever so much Cristina for your  very kind comments.  I'm delighted that you have copied my instructions, and going to experiment with them.  You'll put your won stamp on  the frames that you do, as the variations, colours and patterns are limitless.  I like to use the blinds texture quite a lot.  Create a border, magic wand, select, flood fill with the colour of your choice,  texture, blinds, set the settings with  the horizontal box checked, then repeat the blinds texture using the same settings  but with the horizontal box unchecked.  Have fun!