June 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

Week 26

Half way there and I'm still going.  Nice to be almost caught up.  the background is from Riley B Graphics at Creative Fabrica, along with the fonts Aesthetic Violet Slant and Aesthetic Pattern Sans. 

Changed the magnet out for a button.  Not sure I'll keep doing the button, but it was what I wanted to do for the next 13 weeks.  I had to go really thick on the face of the button or it cut the '7' off and looked weird.  Also I made it huge so I had to take a chance on doubling or tripling the settings from the video.  It's really good practice though to do a button, so I might do them even if they arent great to look at and they are white on a white playing card.  Plus the cards themselves were so uneven on the actual deck.  

P52 Wk26 - 7 Diamonds-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Love 4

14 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I'm now  caught up with this challenge.

WOW and WOW...and WOW again!  You have been busy.  Incredible shots.  Barn swallows are so cool aren't they.  When the horses would stir up insects in the long grasses , the barn swallows would be out with their fantastic flying feats, just like little fighter jets. LOVE the ground squirrel.  Such an opportunist. Gave me a good laugh.  That must be so fun to watch their antics.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

WOW and WOW...and WOW again!  You have been busy.  Incredible shots.  Barn swallows are so cool aren't they.  When the horses would stir up insects in the long grasses , the barn swallows would be out with their fantastic flying feats, just like little fighter jets. LOVE the ground squirrel.  Such an opportunist. Gave me a good laugh.  That must be so fun to watch their antics.  

The swallows are aerial acrobats, I never tire watching them.  As for the ground squirrels, they never cease to make me laugh.  Mind you they weren't amuzed to have  jam on their faces and feet.  They would rub their faces in the grass to get it off, then lick the  jam of the  blades of grass, once they  had washed themselves.   I decided to place a spoonful of jam on top of the jar for them.  Such great enterainment all around, when one is prepared to  look for it. Plus it is free. 

Ground squirrel feeding 2 Julya (20).jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Haha 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 3

52 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

The swallows are aerial acrobats, I never tire watching them.  As for the ground squirrels, they never cease to make me laugh.  Mind you they weren't amuzed to have  jam on their faces and feet.  They would rub their faces in the grass to get it off, then lick the  jam of the  blades of grass, once they  had washed themselves.   I decided to place a spoonful of jam on top of the jar for them.  Such great enterainment all around, when one is prepared to  look for it. Plus it is free. 

Ground squirrel feeding 2 Julya (20).jpg

Oh, this makes me feel so happy!  They are so darned cute!  thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I gotta ask?  is that the tongue sticking out or a berry.  Because if that the tongue, I might just lose it...😅🤣😂

PS  why does tongue have to be spelled so weird...tung would be so much better.

Susan, it is the tongue, just prior to lapping up a mouthful of jam.   They are hilariously entertaining. Unfortunately, as much as I'd  love to post far more shots, the campus isn't  a photographic  site, plus resizing down is time consuming. You will have to wait for when I  create layouts, where I  can add multiple photos. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

@ Sue Thomas

Your photos for the weeks of June are spectacular and some made me laugh! Your love of nature is so apparent in this photos, even more then in a layout because here it is all about the animal in the photo!

Thank you Corrie,  photos  can speak volumes.  Not only about the subject, but  also the photographer.The fox cub is one of three out in the  crop. I have photos of them playing  while mum sits and watches over them. As for the ground squirrels,  I wish I  could tell them apart  but I  can't.  Choosing a weekly photo is difficult, it would be easier to post them all if it was possible.

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 2

On 6/30/2024 at 8:12 AM, Ann Seeber said:

Week 26 - I had a surprise visitor. On June 25th, the rescue came, and we managed to trap 4 of my outside cats so they could be vet checked, neutered and vaccinated. Among them was the young, female tortoiseshell I call Brandy. I had hoped to get her as she is too thin and young to be out on her own. When the rescue evaluated her, they decided to put her in foster care as she seems to be a good candidate to become a house-pet.  The other 3 (all males) were returned to me on June 27th and when released scattered to the far winds! Hopefully, I opened the door early the following morning, to see if any of the returned crew would show up for breakfast. And there was the big black male I called Batman and also little female tortoiseshell Brandy! Say, what?? Did she escape? Turns out, Brandy has a doppelganger... Truly identical twin... I may have been feeding both all along and not realized there were two!! Actually, I am really pleased as I was fond of Brandy and don't feel like I've lost her to foster. Her sister is a very good replacement. We won't be trapping again for a while based on 1) not triggering the cats so soon after the last go round and 2) the vet is at the local Animal Rights Alliance (T.A.R.A.) and will only take 6 at a time and we have to get in line for appointments. My feature this week is Brandy - Number 2.

P52-WEEK 26 -JUNE 30-BRANDY'S TWIN_600.jpg

Oh, she's a pretty one.

• Love 1

On 6/23/2024 at 11:19 PM, Susan Ewart said:

Week 24, I hope it's not a bore and it leaves you wanting more.  (that's is for rhyming Sunday)

Can you believe I even found a gradient that mimics the cup.  I've always liked this cup, it's a keeper.  I used the slipped in effect.  I sure like it. Carole, how do you come up with this stuff?  I hope you keep it up.  And I also used a texture on it, and the frame outline and the 2024 text.  

P52 Wk24 - 10 Diamonds-600.jpg

Those slipped-in corners look really good. When I tried using that script I didn't get such a good result. Love the colours.

• Love 1

On 6/22/2024 at 3:47 AM, Ann Seeber said:

Although I curse out the mess underfoot that the Canada Geese leave under my dead cherry tree, now that they've migrated, I miss them. This was last week and now they're all gone for the summer.

P52-2024-WEEK 24-JUNE 16-CANADA GEESE_600.jpg

I sent them all on to you Ann. So we here in Ontario would have some clean walkways at the waterfront!😉

• Haha 2