June 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

This photo sums up the week we had, rain, more rain, heavy rain, a downpour, drizzle, showers (always when I'm out and about!). All this can last a full day and when we were lucky there has been a few dry spells too. On the bright side of this most plants look lush and green, but the bigger flowers droop. Everywhere there are broken branches from the trees and leaves are flying around or lie in the gutter. The forecast for the coming week gives a couple of dry days with high temperatures; we go from 17C to 28C in three days.................. Hopefully July will turn out better, the school holidays are starting.

WEEK-25-600.jpg

• WOW 1
  • Love 3

Although I curse out the mess underfoot that the Canada Geese leave under my dead cherry tree, now that they've migrated, I miss them. This was last week and now they're all gone for the summer.

P52-2024-WEEK 24-JUNE 16-CANADA GEESE_600.jpg

• Love 4

6 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Although I curse out the mess underfoot that the Canada Geese leave under my dead cherry tree, now that they've migrated, I miss them. This was last week and now they're all gone for the summer.

P52-2024-WEEK 24-JUNE 16-CANADA GEESE_600.jpg

I told that we have those geese as well and that they are becoming a pest because many of them don't migrate any longer and are staying permanently now. This morning I read in the newspaper that there had been an accident with a truck on the highway in my region. The truck wanted to swerve to avoid a family of geese that were crossing that very busy highway and the truck felled on its side along the road! The road was closed for several hours to clean up because a lot of the cargo and some oil had been spilled.

• WOW 3
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Chippie considers him/herself quite photogenic!

CHIPPIE WEEK 25_600.jpg

OMG!  I love Chippie. He/She is the most photogenic chipmunk I ever did see.  I gotta tell you, nature is one emotional up and down.  Today I went grocery shopping and came out of my detached garage (when I got home) and saw a magpie feather.  I was so happy, I bent down to pick it up and saw right behind the back wheel of the travel trailer was a squirrel tail...and nothing else.  I was sad.  Neighbours kitty is a bad boy.

• Sad 2

Week 24, I hope it's not a bore and it leaves you wanting more.  (that's is for rhyming Sunday)

Can you believe I even found a gradient that mimics the cup.  I've always liked this cup, it's a keeper.  I used the slipped in effect.  I sure like it. Carole, how do you come up with this stuff?  I hope you keep it up.  And I also used a texture on it, and the frame outline and the 2024 text.  

P52 Wk24 - 10 Diamonds-600.jpg

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Love 4