Newsletter chitchat - April 30, 2024

Cassel

What kind of themes have you seen, heard, or organized for birthday parties?

When I was a kid, "themed parties" were not a thing. We would invite kids/relatives, have a cake, open gifts, maybe play games and that was it. 

Now, birthday parties are themed, kids leave with goodie bags, big decorations, etc.

Let's chat.

We didn't have "themed parties" when I was a kid, either. Mom would bake a cake and, in my memory, her cakes tasted better than anything store-bought. When my daughter was very young, we had similar parties, but parties at places like roller skating rinks, McDonald's, or Chuck E Cheese were all the rage when she was a little older.

I think I remember you making things for a dinosaur themed party for Xavier.

As far as I know, the recent child birthday parties have had no specific theme, but my daughter, Laurey's, last year featured a Flip-Flop birthday cake as that is her signature look all year-round.

310903271_1181441766123252_6644621230795910930_600.jpg

• Love 2

When I was growing up a birthday party meant Mom baked a cake and my Grandmother, aunt and uncles would come over for a meal. There were gifts but nothing extravagant. When I was a teen some had birthday parties and invited their friends...still no themes...just games and cake and ice cream.