Up-to-Date Challenge 2017

Cassel

Sue, your photo and created paper blend so well..... a Lovely page

Marlene, your calendar looks terrific .. love the little explanations you included. So many interesting places to see here in Australia and it will make a lovely gift for your family in England.

Anja, lovely pages to start your calendar.. you have used a very creative font... I don't think I have ever seen that one before.

best wishes to you all,

Dawn.

I thought I's a share a tip when using the Character map, possibly you already know, but anyway I'll tell you just in case.  Once you have chosen a letter from the character map and paste it into your project, you don't have to keep going back to the character map to select and copy and paste  the same letter again and again for the same project.  You can simply highlight a letter from any text vector layer, within your project, right click, select copy and then paste it  into the layer where you want  the letter to be. You can also click paste multiple times, if you want to use the same letter more than once in a particular word.

I finally finished my calendar pages. It was fun to participate in this challenge.

My cover page is based on the 2016-CalendarCoverTemplate from Scrapping with Liz. All the patterns that I created for the digits/background were based on tutorials/pages from the LAB... and the same for the confetti. I used elements from Kristin Aagard, Eyeinspire and Corel.

NewPeaches17 your calendar is really nice, brought back lots of memories of London from when I was younger, especially the Christmas Lights - we used to have a day trip to London to do Christmas shopping, look at Selfridges window and go and see Father Christmas there and stay to see the lights. The other photos reminded me of trips to London with my Grandmother and Mother to visit the "sights", although at least a couple of things weren't there then!!

I have to say that I am in AWE at all those fantastic pages. Each is so different and personal, even though they started with the exact same base. They are all real pieces of art.

If anyone is comfortable with it, I would love to post as many of these pages on Pinterest. Let me know if you grant me permission. I would link back to this forum to give you credits and be able to share your steps and information on each page. ONLY if you grant permission, I will pin your pages.