Up-to-Date Challenge 2017

Cassel

Hi Everyone,  I have redone the March and April that I had previously done and added the rest up to today... Changed the Font, coloured the dates and added birthdays with a picture as Marlene suggested, so thought that was great idea...   Look forward to the next pages.  You may have wondered about all the Pomeranians ,  I normally every year would buy myself the Pomeranian Calendar that came out , so this year it is a showcase of my own little Poms as I have been showing and breeding them for about 20 years and all Champions except for the puppies of course..  so I am very happy with what there is so far.... Love everyone's work ...

Daphne, if your picture is of good quality, I would say you can give it a try. Then, look at it at 100% to see if it blurs the details. If not, you will be good to print it. The quality ALWAYS degrades when you enlarge; the question is how much, and how much will be noticeable on the finish project.

Nice layouts here, ladies. I am still working on mine, looking for pictures, etc. I will post some of them in the next days.

I want to thank you, Cassel, for another great challenge. With those templates, we can make as many calendars as we want, and it is always fun to participate. Thank you!

Since your photo is horizontal, and the space for the cover is vertical, you would not be able to resize it "effectively" to fit the cover BUT, you can resize the mask itself! Here is how:

Activate the mask layer

Activate the Pick tool. You will see handles on the edges of your canvas.

If you want the image to be placed on top, grab the handle on the bottom center and move it upward. If you want your image to be laced at the bottom, grab the handle on the top middle and move it downward.

This will give you room, either on top or the bottom of the image, to add the year, or any other comment or decoration you might want.

That is yet, another way to customize your pages!

Hello Everyone!.... I have finished my calendar and here is the first 5 pages...  I have used some of my hand painted bird and pansy images as well as other free images for this project. I also created a day of week png image so I could add it to all the pages.

Here is the last pages for my calendar.   The December image was created with a purchased PSD file from Joanne'sDigitalDesign. Cassel "Thank You" very much for this Challenge and all the Templates. The templates and the masks will be used many times for more calendars and other projects. I have enjoyed doing this  very much.

Hi April dawn,   Beautiful work on all your pages and smart idea to add the png days of the week  ... also love how you have added some faded picture to some of the bottoms of your pages ... looks great..

Love all the others works as well..

I have really enjoyed doing all the pages even if I was a little slow to do so as I cannot hear the video , so just watching it and following was different..lol   Thank you Cassel for all you have done and I have learned more again about some things on psp that I did not know...

When I send it to the printer should I save it just as a JPG or use the JPG optimizer..?  and do I need to ask them to print it at a certain size ??

I love how you made those templates very custom.

Flowers, dogs, birds, everything is so personal to each designer.

Who will be printing their calendar? Who will make one as a gift this Holiday?

Dawn, you had a good idea to add the days of the week. I neglected that part :)

Daphne, when you print the page, you can just save it as a jpg. The Optimizer is mostly for web use, to make the files smaller since the resolution does not need to be as high. For your own printer, you can use the File > Print layout, and slide the image onto the canvas. Then, click the Print icon and you will have it right beside you. The current size of the files is meant to fit on a regular standard sheet of paper, 8.5x11, so you won't need a special printer or special paper. Print on regular size paper or cardstock if you want it thicker, or you can use photo paper (while it looks nice, it MIGHT be harder to write on, if the calendar is meant to add notes to).

Dawn, your pages are lovely and I like very much the cover. I am going to copy your idea of adding the days of the week. ;)

Everyone here has made great pages!

I will print my calendar but it is still a work in progress, changing colors, looking for photos that we took at the correspondent month and so on.

Hi Cassel,  I have almost finished doing all my pages now... and I will be wanting to get them printed by a printing shop... just wondering how they do that so that it can be used as a calendar as most of them all seem to fold in half with the picture on top and the month below...  whereas ours are all one page ...  so where do they join them ??  hope this is not a silly question...lol

Daphne, that is not a silly question at all. I created the templates so they could be printed on regular paper on your home printer. If you want to go to a print shop, you would just ask them to print them on regular papers and bind them on top. If you go to a print service and look at their calendar products, they have a particular format for it, but you already have the full-size image and just need to ask them to print them "as is" with a binding.

I sent a message to Persnickety Prints to ask for their recommendation. Here is their response:

They can certainly upload and choose 8.5x11 press print or photographic print and leave a note in the special instructions that they’d like calendar binding- we’ll bind the top and add a hanging hole at no additional charge.

Daphne, Cassel and Cristina...... Just want to say Thank You for your comments on my calendar.... I appreciate it very much... I just noticed today that there are 2 pages Feb and Nov that have not got the Sundays in red.   I had done a second page for each of those months so to have them all be the same, however, when I have uploaded them I picked the  wrong Feb and Nov  page to post.. I am going to print my Calendar on my printer  with some special photo paper or cardstock and I am also going to  make a little booklet calendar for the handbag by reducing the size of the pages.....

Dawn.

These are the pages I have so far... I didn't begin November and December months and the cover... I will do them sometime later.

All the elements added are freebies from Granny Enchanted, Di Hiller, Kristin Aagard and Corel.

Now I will move on to the Mask challenge.

I joined this challenge 2 days ago, received my first 2 calendar pages this morning.  Here's January.  Using my own photo, then  used the photo to  create a seamless, textured background paper. Used the Character map for the font, and changed the weekend dates  to red by  locking the  layer, to match the colour of the  flower.

There are some really beautiful and creative calendars here, lots of inspiration for everyone and I'm sure the recipients will be happy too.

April I copied your idea of putting the days on the calendar, I also changed the photo for August and finished off with small photos and an explanation of the photos - all my family is in England so I thought I would show off this wonderful country of Australia!

Final offering in two uploads.

Wow, I must say I have not finished all my pages only january february and the cover

all Calendars are so beautiful and so different,  great work and big applause to all

thank you Carol for this challenge , the tuts and the videos

I learned again a lot more , I think I need a bit more time to finish all my calendar pages