What did you do (in October)?

Cassel

Cristina, thanks so much for your comment on my project.. my sister-in-law loves cards that are different...

micfin, thank you for the comment on my page. in answer to your question, no I don't get the weekly freebie however I may look into that as the site offers some very nice vintage images.  Your page looks terrific, you have done a really nice work, very creative! look forward to seeing the next one!

Rizzi and Peggy... both of your pages are very nice... it is wonderful that you both are showing us some of your projects.

Best wishes,

Dawn.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments, everyone, I am not well-versed in participating on forums so please forgive me for commenting on all of your posts. Your designs are all beautiful. Dawn, I love doing cards & other printables also. I probably have well over a hundred on my PC.

Many Thanks,

Peggy

Hi again Peggy, this time last year I found the process of participating in the Forum a bit daunting but as time goes on I am sure you will find it a pleasant experience... especially here in the Campus.  I know I have been inspired by the many other participants here in the Forum.  It is a great way to share our ideas and also learn from the many tutorials etc that Cassel has. We have a similar interest in doing cards ... I enjoy doing them to give away as gifts.  I look forward to seeing more of your creations here in the Forum. If you are a new member here than I would say a big WELCOME! to you.

best wishes,

Dawn.

micfin, I can imagine that was not easy to make this complex design to look seamless. This is something I have to learn more. But you really managed and the result is great. These daily layouts you create for sure keep you on your toes. Nice work!

Peggy, what a lovely card you made with the preset shape. I love the colors, the background, the elements and the font. Great work!

Thanks for all the encouragement, ladies. It really helps build my confidence as I am always second-guessing myself. That's one of the great things about this forum. The encouragement and sharing of ideas. Everyone is always so willing to share their methods.

Peggy, I think your layout is adorable! Everything works so well together.

Cristina, what I did for the designs was to start out with a little piece of it from the original (there wasn't much there to copy.) I lined up two copies until they looked seamless, then merged them. After repeating this over and over, I finally had a background large enough for my purposes. And I can now use it for other projects!

Here is yesterday's pic for my group with the theme being "All Denim Day." I was able to use Cassel's Multi Photo Frame 8 Photos Collage. I used a couple of different denim backgrounds that I had and Flood Filled two of the frame's layers with them. Also, I changed the color of the large photo space to use for my text. The lighter denim pattern was used as the fill for the font which is The Secret. As usual, the pics came from a google search.

I am still working on my collection of cards to give to my sister-in-law and as I know she also likes vintage, I have decided to do some vintage style postcards to add to the mix I am giving her. I have also created a postcard back which I have posted to show how it would be when printed. The free background and home images are from the old design shop.. and I have again used the girl image  that was on my earlier post because I felt it fitted the scene theme.  the gold spike effect on the card was done with a gold pattern and then using the Blinds and  Spiky Halo in PSP Effects. a technique I picked up from a free tutorial.  The font I used is Harrington.

Dawn.

Gorgeous again, AprilDawn. Your choice of images are fabulous. I have lots of fun using the distortion effects, too. And the blinds texture can give simply gorgeous effects. I use it sparingly or my group members would get sick of it. :)

Thanks for the feedback, Peggy and AprilDawn. I am I HUGE font fanatic; it's like an addiction for me. lol I got The Secret from Dealjumbo.com. They offer free goods all the time that can be used for personal and commercial purposes. https://dealjumbo.com/downloads/category/freebies/

You're very welcome, Sheila. You can sign up for a newsletter or you can just check their site from time to time. Currently there's a bundle of 12 free fonts on the HungryJPEG page. https://thehungryjpeg.com/bundle/93815-the-october-free-font-bundle/

Cass, I hope it's okay that I'm sharing these free resources. They don't sell the same type of items that your store sells.

It is so nice to come here and see these great layouts.

micfin, your work is lovely as always. Nice photos and I like the way you used cass-multi-photo-frame and the denim texture for the font... and I love the font too! Thank you for the explanation of how you did the seamless pattern!

Dawn, your card is also lovely, so delicate and with techniques, I've never heard about :) I can only imagine how great it will look once printed.

Great work here, ladies!

micfin , Cristina and Sheila, Thank You all for taking the time to leave a comment on my project. I appreciate it very much. I am enjoying my card making at present and have quite a few more to go to make a nice collection.  I want to get them to my sister-in-law before Christmas so she has got them for next year as most of them will be done for any occasion greetings.

Best wishes to you all,

Dawn.

Hello everyone, thanks for the kind words, I'm really happy with my baby steps with PSP :)

Here's another one. I tried my hand with the plaid pattern after watching one of the tutorials and I also used one of the speech bubbles from last month's freebie.

Hi Everyone,

I'm jumping in with Module 3 in the Basic Scrap Course 1 with a picture of our daughter and her sweet Lab, Hershey.  Hershey, who passed a few months ago, will be a part of the family through wonderful memories forever.  I am so glad Cassel encouraged me to start with the Basic Scrap Course 1.  I had used several earlier versions of PSP but when updating felt totally lost.  So I really recommend the Basics.