What did you do (in September)?

Cassel

I hope I did this correctly.

My work on Module 2.

I would love some comments about the drop shadows on the paper.

I am not thrilled with them.

This was taken when I was in India last December.

The most beautiful sight in India. No wonder it's a Wonder of the World. To see it in person was amazing and something I will never forget.

Leslie, your page is so pretty! I love your colors, papers, the stamps... And of course, the photo of the Taj Mahal. It must have been an impressive feeling being in front it.

About the shadows, I noticed that some are on the top and others on the bottom...Repeating what Cassel says in the tutorials, we have to choose where the light source is coming from and be consistent with it. Everything that I know about shadows I have learned with cass-Basic Scrap Course 1, and I can only recommend it. It is full of information and easy to follow with videos and written tutorials.

But the expert here is Cassel and I am also learning something every day.

I have just started the Basic Scrap course. This was my first try at Module 2.

My mouth almost hit the ground when I first saw the Taj Mahal. It is totally symmetrical. And there is a different look as the sun moves. I'll have to keep that in mind when I do my next page.

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it.

Hi Leslie, loved the page, the Taj Mahal was a place I always wanted to visit and never have. I too have problems with shadows sometimes, not so much where they are but the thickness and blur. As Cristina said Cassel has done tutorials about them and there was a Master Class as well which was very good but this was in 2013, perhaps Cassel could re-visit the topic.

Hi, Leslie, you are doing very good... It would be nice to see more of your layouts. I also have lots of things to learn and practice, and I think that the forum is a good place to do it.

This project is my attempt to practice some tutorials from the LAB.

I used the Lined Paper (Lab 07/Module 9); Text Paper and Multicolored Dots (LAB 05/Module 9).

I added Hand Stitching (cass-tutorial); Arrows (KGArrows.ttf - LAB 07/Module 8) and Polaroid frame (cass-Polaroid Script).

The red flower is a freebie from ShabyPrincessDesign-Promise Collection. Fonts: Eraser and Kristen ITC.

You did a great job. It's not "busy" like a lot of layouts can be. Very classy.

I have only done the 2 so far.

I need to start Module 3 in the Beginner's lessons.

I just listened once to the Module, so will listen again. I also print the instructions.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post.

It looks like that my post disappeared that Leslie commented on,  so I will write again.

Hi, Leslie, you are doing good and would be nice to see more of your layouts. I also have lots of things to learn and practice and I think the Forum is a good place to do it.

This is my attempt to practice some tutorials from the LAB.

I used the Lined Paper (LAB 07/Module 9); Text Paper and Multicolored Dots (LAB 05/Module 9).

I added Hand Stitching (cass-tutorial); KGArrow.ttf (LAB/Module 8) and Polaroid frame (cass-Polaroid Script).

The red flower is a freebie from ShabyPrincessDesign - Promise Collection. Fonts: Kristen ITC and Eraser.

Nice work, Leslie, especially for a beginner; the Taj Mahal is stunning.

Cristina, I love how you did the three different background layers. The text layer adds so much to the project.

Here's something I just did for my gaming group. Most of what I did was purely accidental as I was trying out different effects. I love when that happens! Other than watching Cassel's tutorials, that's how I end up learning a lot. I just dive in and play. :D