January ALL ABOUT ME Challenge (2024) - Birth place

Cassel

AAM-Challenge.jpg

Let's start a new challenge for all of us. We might often be the ones taking pictures but we are not the feature of our layouts, so let's change that since we ARE important and we have lots to say.

Every month or so, the layout will be about YOU, and a prompt will be given. If you have taken the Story Week Challenge, you will find some similarities but it won't be the same.

For the first layout of this challenge, tell us something about your birth city/location. And if you can associate it with something that happened around the time of your birth (in the year or decade), even better.

• Like 1

• Cassel pinned this topic

As this challenge will generate a new prompt every month or so and we had the Template Workshop to do, I only now had the time to make something for this new challenge. I liked what Bonnie did and made a page for the city where I was born and lived my whole youth. A little detail that is not mentioned in the layout is the black and white photo which is taken by my dad some time after the bombing of the city center of Rotterdam in WWII. The photo to the right is of the same church and I took that one on more or less the same spot a couple of year ago. My dad passed the love for photography on to me!

AAM-Rotterdam-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

As this challenge will generate a new prompt every month or so and we had the Template Workshop to do, I only now had the time to make something for this new challenge. I liked what Bonnie did and made a page for the city where I was born and lived my whole youth. A little detail that is not mentioned in the layout is the black and white photo which is taken by my dad some time after the bombing of the city center of Rotterdam in WWII. The photo to the right is of the same church and I took that one on more or less the same spot a couple of year ago. My dad passed the love for photography on to me!

AAM-Rotterdam-600.jpg

How cool to be able to photograph the same church as your father did.  Imagine you standing in roughly the same spot your dad did.  That gives me goosebumps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

How cool to be able to photograph the same church as your father did.  Imagine you standing in roughly the same spot your dad did.  That gives me goosebumps.

It did me too and he hasn't seen this photo of mine because he died 40 years ago. However he knew that I liked photography and I have showed him lots of my photos. He would have loved all the new digital ways of editing.

• Love 3

On 1/23/2024 at 10:18 AM, Corrie Kinkel said:

AAM-Rotterdam-600.jpg

I like the 3D effect on the title.  Just a straight inner bevel and drop shadow?  Well executed though!

• Thanks 1

• Cassel changed the title to January ALL ABOUT ME Challenge (2024) - Birth place
  • Cassel unpinned this topic