January STRING OF WORDS Challenge (2024)

Cassel

spacer.png

Let's mix something up a bit, and instead of ME giving you a word to create a challenge, you will offer them. Here is how it will work.

1- I will suggest a STARTING WORD that someone will use in the title of their page.

2- Whoever WANTS to use it, will respond "I take it". Only the first person can take that word. Once that person "takes the word", they will add NEXT WORD:_____ The new word does NOT have to be related to each other.

3- Whoever WANTS to use it, will respond "I take it". Again, only one person can take the word.

We will end up with a thread full of suggested and taken words by various participants.

After you have TAKEN a word, you can create your layout and once it is done, come back to edit the post where you "took" the word.

This is still a new challenge, and if it catches on, I might repeat it in the future.

The STARTING WORD is BEGIN/BEGINNING.

And the words you give do not have to have any particular theme to it. Let's just be creative.

• Love 1

• Cassel pinned this topic

I take it 🙂

I started without a template, wow, to fill it when you don't have an idea how to fill it.............was difficult.  I started with the photo and then mats, looked in my stash for spring elements and found a freebie form Carole too. The result is maybe not as nice as earlier projects, but it's ok. Used blend mode, texture effects/blinds.

The new word is children 🙂

begin-600.jpg

Edited by MoniqueN.
Challenge "rules"
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, Anne Lamp said:

"I take it"  Children.    NEW WORD   --  Pets.  (dogs, cats, fish, mice -------)

children 600.jpg

I wasn't sure where to put the new word so it is above the pic.  I also forgot to say the background pic was created from a screenshot from "Osprey Nest - Charlo Montana"  The children was from a pic downloaded from C F "2WtkBZf2xnOpBFh15xKUDtjNaL0-medium" 

• Like 1

I take it: pets. 😺

Here are my Ferals with better photos. I call the young male Thunderbolt and the adult is Mommy.

I used a new kit from Gingerscraps called The Circle of Life based on The Lion King. 

The new word is:  Valentine.

JANUARY STRING OF WORDS CHALLENGE - PETS_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

I would now also like to take part in the Campus challenges. My dentist appointment was canceled this morning due to... Illness of the dentist. Now I can try it.
So I take knit. My next word is dance (whether ice dance, ballet or pair dance on the parquet)

Credits: on Scrap, Font: Pasile

Scraplift from AMarie Charp ( Digitalscrapbook.com)

DS-Winterforest_Scraplift0124.jpg

Edited by Doska St.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

• Cassel unpinned this topic