Does PSP 23 give you a list of the 50 additional fonts they are including?

Suzy

41 minutes ago, Suzy said:

land if so, could you share the names? I want to look them up to see where they’ve come from.

Where did you hear they included all these new fonts? First I've heard of it.

59 minutes ago, Suzy said:

land if so, could you share the names? I want to look them up to see where they’ve come from.

This is a good question.  I knew about the fonts.  But I have so many I thought I'd never know one from the other.

Those fonts are DOWNLOADED with the Ultimate but they are not INSTALLED. You can find them here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro 2023 Setup Files\PSP2023_Fonts

And you can then choose which ones you want to install. As far as I know, you need to install them one by one.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Those fonts are DOWNLOADED with the Ultimate but they are not INSTALLED. You can find them here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro 2023 Setup Files\PSP2023_Fonts

And you can then choose which ones you want to install. As far as I know, you need to install them one by one.

I already received these fonts when I originally downloaded 2023. Are there more with this new download?

Cassel, Are the names a secret, or can you do a screen shot of the folder for me?

Donna, No, This has nothing to do with the upgrade. This is me wondering if I need to upgrade from 2022 to 2023.

Edited by Suzy

4 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Weird, I have set up files with the same path for 2022 and 2021 but not for 2023.  Why did I think this was going to be easy. 

The fonts are NOT set through the File Location. They either need to be installed in Windows fonts, or accessed with a font viewer.

11 minutes ago, Suzy said:

Cassel, Are the names a secret, or can you do a screen shot of the folder for me?

Donna, No, This has nothing to do with the upgrade. This is me wondering if I need to upgrade from 2022 to 2023.

Not secret at all (as far as I know) but I didn't realize you didn't have 2023 yet. Here are the samples:

2023fonts-1.jpg

2023fonts-2.jpg

No I didn't get 2023 ....yet...Still deciding.

There were so many bugs and it took me soooo long to get 2022 the way I wanted it that I didn't want to rock the boat. I had come from X2, so it was like a whole new program for me.

It doesn't sound right that those are the 50 new fonts. They specifically say, 50 new MODERN Fonts. Most of those you have are from typefaces over 100 years old!

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

Not secret at all (as far as I know) but I didn't realize you didn't have 2023 yet. Here are the samples:

2023fonts-1.jpg

2023fonts-2.jpg

I dont have a bunch of these.  I have often thought my original 2023 download didnt go properly, there was some issues, had to uninstall and reinstall, and never thought it was quite right.  I will have to install from fresh onto the in-progress build on the new (to me)computer and hope I have better success.  2023 has some things I like so i'd like to stick with it.  If I had any problems with 2022 I dont remember so it's still good to have that to fall back on.  Thanks for showing me what I'm missing, I do love fonts.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

@Susan Ewart I don't have some of those either. I don't have the folder that Carole listed above either so who knows where those fonts are! My PSP 2023 says I have the Ultimate version. Definitely confused here.

Side Note:  I'm in the middle of reorganizing my supplies folder (scrapbooking) and doing it by Designer this time around (like you do, is that correct).  I'm giving it a try, putting elements and papers into  a ton of catagories is a ton of work. I will try using thumbnails of the kits with the designers kits in one folder.  I am thinking this will make me at least "feel" more organized.  I'm going to be reinstalling 2023 (I always spring for Ultimate) fresh on the newly built computer.  I wanted it to be months away, my husband wants it to be "now" away. ?.  

I like some of the fonts but I also have a ton of them so I'm not broken up about not having them...still, I paid for them, I should find a way to get them.  Do you both not have the set files either?  I looked all over for them and have them for 2021, 2022 (both Ult) so I know I installed those ones correctly.  Surprised to hear people having the same issue, I just presumed it was something i did wrong.  PSP said everything was installed so I beleived them.  silly me.

Been out hunting for the supposedly new font that came with '23 Ultimate but I do not have them anywhere. But, meanwhile, I remembered I could import lots of stuff from previous versions using File/Import/from Previous Versions so I did that. Then I remembered there were some free stuff offered on the Welcome screen under the Store heading so I went there and ticked the Free box and got 5 different downloads: 2 Creative Content, 1 purple script, Holiday Picture Tubes, and a brush set which includes a tutorial and more free brushes to download and I spy a Particle Shop intro video that I'm sure I need. (I saw the plugin when looking for fonts). Bonanza! (but no fonts, I really wanted that Broadway Engraved).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Suzy said:

I have 1335 fonts installed. My computer is old.  Is this too many?

Does anybody know of a nice round number of installed which would make a nice target for me to try to hit?

I found years ago that having a lot of fonts installed slowed down my computer so I've always tried to keep the number installed way down. I don't know if that is still the case but I just don't take a chance. I currently have 385 fonts installed. Now I do have other fonts in a folder outside of my fonts folder in case I would want to use them. I just copy that folder to any new computer I get. But I pretty much use a small number of fonts, maybe less than 20. 

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

Been out hunting for the supposedly new font that came with '23 Ultimate but I do not have them anywhere. But, meanwhile, I remembered I could import lots of stuff from previous versions using File/Import/from Previous Versions so I did that. Then I remembered there were some free stuff offered on the Welcome screen under the Store heading so I went there and ticked the Free box and got 5 different downloads: 2 Creative Content, 1 purple script, Holiday Picture Tubes, and a brush set which includes a tutorial and more free brushes to download and I spy a Particle Shop intro video that I'm sure I need. (I saw the plugin when looking for fonts). Bonanza! (but no fonts, I really wanted that Broadway Engraved).

I think I found them on my computer... I never installed them. In fact, I never unzipped the zipped folder! I always save any downloads into a folder for the program in my downloads folder. I just looked in the PSP 2023 folder and there is a zip folder called "PSP2023_Fonts.zip". I think I'll unzip them into my "Fonts" folder on my data drive then install the few that would be nice to have.

When running the initial exe setup file, I remember that it created a series of folders, for setting up, and those folders included all those "extras" that are promoted. I have NO CLUE why those fonts got installed in my PSP2023. I didn't even know they were in that folder, so I know I didn't install them manually. However, there is a POSSIBILITY that the link I was given at the end of the beta testing period could have been different than everyone else's. Who knows? From reading this thread, it looks like so many users have different experiences, which makes me think that a lot of it has to do with one's computer configuration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cassel said:

When running the initial exe setup file, I remember that it created a series of folders, for setting up, and those folders included all those "extras" that are promoted. I have NO CLUE why those fonts got installed in my PSP2023. I didn't even know they were in that folder, so I know I didn't install them manually. However, there is a POSSIBILITY that the link I was given at the end of the beta testing period could have been different than everyone else's. Who knows? From reading this thread, it looks like so many users have different experiences, which makes me think that a lot of it has to do with one's computer configuration.

I agree!  For some reason "I" moved them to another location.  You all know that location you put something so you never forget where it is.....well, I always forget where it is.  Yeesh.  I am my own worst enemy.