August PALETTE Challenge (2023)

Cassel

Palette-Challenge.jpg

This month, in full summer mode, we are going to work with a "summery" color palette, mostly with blues and greens, for the sky, the waves, and the vegetation. Of course, you might want to add some accents but these colors should be predominant in your project. What will you create?

Palette-2023-02-12.jpg

Can you create a project using these colors?

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

This was a quick easy one, once I found photos that had similar colours  to the Palette.  The norm for me  is firstly choosing photos, and not the other way round.   the B7b44e was used in the bottom element, where I used a photo, overlay soft light, luckily it  retained most of the  colour in the palette.  The frames around the photos and the text paper  is dce6e7.  Decorative  frame is 9bc0de. Background papers are 40524b and 618a84.   Out of bounds, inner bevel on  decorative frame, a little noise on the background papers to give a little texture.

The little female in the  middle photo, (I think she is a juvenile) is in a state of torpor, all fluffed up.  I put  their feeders out at 5.45am,  as I fetch them indoors at night, as the evenings can get quite chilly, and the last thing they want is chilled feed.  I gently picked her up,  warmed her in my hands for a couple of minutes, placed her back  on  the perch, next to the feeder.  She was fine, ready to start the day after a long feed of sugar water.  I don't scimp on the sugar either.  Every year the hummers arrive  by the 3rd August, they stay for the whole of August before embarking on their long journey  south.  The feeders stay out until mid September  just in case  stragglers pass through.  They are truly flying gems, with amazing powers of flight and  often glittering iridescent colours.  To me when they arrive, I know that Autumn is quite literally  around the corner.

Challenge.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Love 11

2 hours ago, Helen said:

Love the colours and hummingbirds are beautiful. I’m also from Canada, on the East coast, New Brunswick. 

They don't nest where I am.  They  pass through in the Spring and Autumn, en route to their nesting ground, much further north.  They are such  a joy to watch at this time of year. 

On 8/21/2023 at 12:29 PM, kasany said:

i will not probably participate in this challenge but I have been tried to play with a very, very simple mockup. I used a free template and a shot of my friend. He plays guitar. I've played a bit with the photo.

Interestingly, the photo includes similar colors to the palette posted above!

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 4:46 PM, Sue Thomas said:

This was a quick easy one, once I found photos that had similar colours  to the Palette.  The norm for me  is firstly choosing photos, and not the other way round.   the B7b44e was used in the bottom element, where I used a photo, overlay soft light, luckily it  retained most of the  colour in the palette.  The frames around the photos and the text paper  is dce6e7.  Decorative  frame is 9bc0de. Background papers are 40524b and 618a84.   Out of bounds, inner bevel on  decorative frame, a little noise on the background papers to give a little texture.

The little female in the  middle photo, (I think she is a juvenile) is in a state of torpor, all fluffed up.  I put  their feeders out at 5.45am,  as I fetch them indoors at night, as the evenings can get quite chilly, and the last thing they want is chilled feed.  I gently picked her up,  warmed her in my hands for a couple of minutes, placed her back  on  the perch, next to the feeder.  She was fine, ready to start the day after a long feed of sugar water.  I don't scimp on the sugar either.  Every year the hummers arrive  by the 3rd August, they stay for the whole of August before embarking on their long journey  south.  The feeders stay out until mid September  just in case  stragglers pass through.  They are truly flying gems, with amazing powers of flight and  often glittering iridescent colours.  To me when they arrive, I know that Autumn is quite literally  around the corner.

Challenge.jpg

What a special experience to have held a hummingbird in your hands.

• Like 2

I started the Masks Workshop and decided to combine the August Palette Challenge. The pictures are my own of the heavy flow of spring melt which flooded some properties like the lumber yard in town. The Template is from the class courtesy of Alinamaria. I used the Wet Fall Leaves texture scaled to 250 to give the background a tumbling water look, and used Tempus Sans font with some kerning near the end on a vector path to give the look of the letters going over the falls. ? Both are included in PSP. Thank you Carole for all the lessons taught that I managed to learn to create this page. 

@Sue Thomas your Humming bird layout is beautiful and your back stories are always so interesting. 

Bracebridge Sping Floodwaters 600.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 8

Natalie, thank you  for your kind words on  my page.    The spring melt and run off is as impressive as your layout.  Superb work!  I have to drive across the South Saskatchewan  River to  go shopping, when the  rive starts the thaw, and the ice can be up to and more than 18 inches thick in places, to watch the ice flows, and to listen to the cracking of the ice and  the thunderous sounds of the  ice colliding with each other and the  roar of the water  is powerful.  The old bridge is now a walking bridge, each year I take videos of  ice and water flowing.   I see that the melt waters can cause a lot of damage in your area.  I hope there wasn't anyone  hurt.  Buildings can always be repaired.   The South Saskatchewan river starts in the Rockies, so we also get the run off from the Rockies, which also feeds Lake Diefenbaker.  

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 1