May Theme Challenge - MOTHER'S DAY

Cassel

Theme-Valentine-Day

Our theme in May is MOTHER'S DAY, and by extension, MOTHERS in general. Of course, that can include grandmothers and other mothers than your own. Maybe it is about you too, if you are a mother. Do you have photos and stories to share about the mothers in your life? It could be a great opportunity to remember some of those little details that typically are forgotten. Time to put them out in the open!

Let's go!

Post your project in the gallery.

• Like 1

We have already had Mothering Sunday here in the UK back in March. However, like many people I get tangled up in Family History and have some photo's of my ancestors on Ancestry. I did something with my Mum's photo over this past weekend to make it a bit more interesting. I used one of Carole's corner brushes that i bought a few weeks ago, joined it up with straight lines, then used Carole's Bronzit script which makes a fab and unique frame befitting of my lovely mother. I also added a corner tube and used the Top Left Mirror Simple plugin to get it all aligned. I love how it turned out and is a tribute to my long deceased Mum who I miss more than ever. Love to all the Mothers here and all that can, have a fab and loving day.

Mum-SGH-25-04-2023.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 8

My granddaughter did a "photo shoot" when she was pregnant with Logan back in 2021. I only recently got this striking black and white so had to use it! The title font is Droid from the newest Lab. The background is shiny silver from Sheila. The splatter paint is from my own kit as is the star. I embedded the bear top right and used the sculpture texture effect on the frame.

ILANA MOTHER'S DAY 2023_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Ann Seeber said:

My granddaughter did a "photo shoot" when she was pregnant with Logan back in 2021. I only recently got this striking black and white so had to use it! The title font is Droid from the newest Lab. The background is shiny silver from Sheila. The splatter paint is from my own kit as is the star. I embedded the bear top right and used the sculpture texture effect on the frame.

ILANA MOTHER'S DAY 2023_600.jpg

I don’t want to come across as being critical, but even with my good eyesight I had to look hard at the  month, which looks as if it’s  embossed on the bear.  I also have a question about your framing, was it a pre-made frame, or possibly an extracted frame, as it looks like you have a double frame visible on the left side, and one solid frame on the other 3 sides. The top of the frame isn’t as bevelled as the other sides either. The frame isn't consistent on all four sides.  Carole has masterclasses on basic framing, if you are having problems creating frames.  Using the rectangle tool, I can create a single frame like that in literally 5 steps, that includes the sculpture tool as well.  I’m curious to know how you did the frame. It stood out to me, which distracted my eye from the the main focus, and that is the photo on the page.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I don’t want to come across as being critical, but even with my good eyesight I had to look hard at the  month, which looks as if it’s  embossed on the bear.

It might show more on a full-size. We know how it loses some definition when resizing! ?

25 minutes ago, Sue Thomas said:

I don’t want to come across as being critical, but even with my good eyesight I had to look hard at the  month, which looks as if it’s  embossed on the bear.  I also have a question about your framing, was it a pre-made frame, or possibly an extracted frame, as it looks like you have a double frame visible on the left side, and one solid frame on the other 3 sides. The top of the frame isn’t as bevelled as the other sides either. The frame isn't consistent on all four sides.  Carole has masterclasses on basic framing, if you are having problems creating frames.  Using the rectangle tool, I can create a single frame like that in literally 5 steps, that includes the sculpture tool as well.  I’m curious to know how you did the frame. It stood out to me, which distracted my eye from the the main focus, and that is the photo on the page.  

The frame was part of the template. Then I applied an inner bevel. I liked the effect.

Edited by Ann Seeber

The animal kingdom celebrates Mother's Day, too! Out my patio door I saw what looked like the back end of a gray squirrel with two tails. She appeared to be burrowing under my concrete patio. I opened the slider and tossed out a few peanuts in the shell. She popped out with her baby! So sweet!  ? The title font is Oswald Stencil. The tree is a stamp. 

GRAY SQUIRREL MAMA_600.jpg

• Love 2

• Cassel unpinned this topic