May - Theme Challenge - TOYS

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Theme-Challenge.jpg

Since this month, we have a TOYS theme for the blog, and there are lots of ideas to inspire you, I am challenging you to create your own layout using the theme of TOYS or post one you already did.

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Theme-Toys.jpg

Are you up to it?

And check that one layout of mine on the blog post, where my son is playing with something a little... unusual, for a toy!

Thank you for all the kind comments. Black dolls were very popular for a while in England when I was growing up, April, but I don't think they are so common now (bit like golliwogs!). I didn't play with dolls much as a child, preferred cars and toy guns. One day I will have to write the story of how I got the nickname of Davy Crocket!

Wow, what a great story. I don't think I have anything as old as Bobo. I really like your layout. I think it is going to be a little while for me to build anything and submit it. For some reason, I am following the directions, but not having any luck at all. When I tried to Bind the script, the icon would not move. Instead the text moved without the icon. I must be doing something wrong. Oh well, I will keep going. Thanks for everything and especially your patience with a slow learner like me. I am attaching a print screen for your viewing pleasure.

Howard Cart

Here is the page I made for the Theme - Toys.

For the title I used the the Block Alpha freebie for one part, and for the other part I used the PuffyPaint Script.

I made the flowers using the Preset Shape that comes with PSP and ran the StitchedEdges2 Script. I also used the Twisted String picture tube.

All scripts, tubes and freebies from Cassel.

We had some fittings in a box and our grand daughter started playing with them and put them on her knees.   She was also busy playing with a grass hopper.   I used a kit from Kristin Aagard called Bugging Out.  I like her kits they are fun and she has some good sales.   I used Alien Skin for the motion trail.  I really like this plug in, I got it as a birthday present from my family a few years back.  I got the fittings from google search on images.  I made Lexi out of bounds on one of the frames, master class selections everywhere.  I got the cardboard box template from Sugarbutt Artistic Designs.  She has some really nice templates.  The font is Sans Culottes a free font.  I had lots of fun doing this page.

As I didn't have photos of toys that I had as a child, I didn't think I would be able to participate in this Month's Theme Challenge Toys. However today I found a Teddy Bear in the Toy Tube Set that came with PSP. So I decided to change it up a bit with texture and a little simple shading and have a go at putting up a post.  I started out with a Template from the Lab and changed it to suit my needs. Cassel's Corner Punches and String Tubes have come in very handy in all my projects.  I am in my 60's now but the memories of my Dad tucking me into bed as a child while I hugged my Teddy Bear will stay with me forever.

Bye for now,

Dawn.

April, thanks for you nice comment! I downloaded the plugin Texturizer, that you mentioned in a comment some time ago  and used on the paper. Thanks for the tip. By the way, I forgot to add the shadow to the paper. ;)

I really love your layout. The colors and the use of the Corner Punches Brush, which I also have but haven't used yet. Your journaling is very touching and complimments the page.

Royanne, your layout is lovely. I like the Out of Bounds technique and how you placed the grasshoper hovering her hand. About puting your comment under a specific post, I think this is not available here but only Cassel can confirm it.

I see here and there that some replies have been modified and I don't know how to do it. Anyone can tell me how? :)

I love to see when people post their work here. It is inspiring and I learn a lot.

Cristina, I am glad you were able to get the Texturizer plugin, I  did not know it was still available as  I understand it is a very old one. I find it a good and simple one  to use and go to it often for effects on my projects, however I am trying to use the one in PSP also for some other effects. Thanks for your kind comments on my layout. I agree with you about posting our work here in the Forum, I to find it inspiring.

Royanne  thank you for your kind words about my layout.  I stayed with the colours that were in my paper and the bear I used.  Cassel's corner punches get used a lot in my projects I love them.

Marlene  thank you also for your kind words. I don't have an abundance of photos, so for me, I enjoy the challenge of using what I have to create my projects.

Sometimes I hesitate posting because of the fact I don't have a lot of normal photos, however I appreciate the encouragement  I get through the comments I receive when I do.

Lovely pieces of artwork being done. So good to see peeps getting involved and inspired and showing what they have learnt from Cassel etc. I have yet to do something but have got involved with looking at all my stored photo's for this challenge so may be down memory lane for quite a while before I come back to do something. Well done everybody, love all the layouts.

Sheila xx

Here is my go at this. I used some of Cassels scripts to make it a bit easier. The tubes are my own and I used Filter Forge on most of the papers which again were my own creations. I also used Photo Zoom to resize it to 1000 x 1000 px for here but have kept the full 3600 x 3600 px for personal use.

Anyway, thanks for the challenge Cassel.

Sheila xx

Sheila,  I agree with Cristina, you page is lovely. I especially like your flowers and your cookies. You are very creative with your papers. I would never have thought to use Filter Forge on papers. I have Filter Forge so maybe I will give it a try. I have Cassel's Cookie Tutorial but haven't as yet tried it. Thank you for showing us your creation...  and hopefully we will see more!

Thank you April, I try I really do as I struggle a bit with composition, not knowing what goes best with what, trying to make it balance without looking like I am making a pizza. Even when I make a real mini book it takes ages to get the cover right.

The flower I extracted from a photo as I love to 'tube' stuff when I can and flowers get done more than other things.

I have more filters than I will ever use but Filter Forge is one of my favourites and I love the way it can tone down or make an interesting pattern out of a creation, especially if it is a bit not to your liking to begin with. Try it, you will get hooked.

I also like to use my own or safe to use stuff so that I don't get tangled up in all that copyright minefield.

Sheila xx

• 3 weeks later...