Capturing the Cursor in Screenshot

Lorraine

So can you use this to do screenshots of other things besides PSP? For instance, I have done screenshots of YouTube live videos (a college football game livestream) then opened it in PSP to edit. Could I use PSP to do this?

I think so since the "trigger" is not specific to PSP.

Hi Cassel

I'm using it to write PSP tutorials. I used to be able to screenshot whatever I had in my PSP workspace with the cursor visible, which I like. But I did what you suggested and selected Include Cursor and it still won't show the cursor.

Ok I searched some more and looks like I need to use the built in function/app called Steps Recorder.

It will record everything you are doing in PSP and you choose whichever image you want and it does include the cursor.

I'm using PSP X

Oh Cassel, thank you for the link about capturing screen shots within PSP! For years now I’ve always used the printscreen button and would then have to open it in psp and crop/edit the captures. I have to get this set up and start practicing. It’s a very detailed blog post and I’m sure I will have to refer to it several times until I get used to it. Thank you.

Michele-- Are you sure you are safe using Lightshot?  When I googled it there was a warning that any shots taken with it goes to their website and If anyone types in the right info they can see them. Maybe there is a way to keep them form going to the internet some way.

I've been using it for many years, Anne, and I've never had a problem. It gives you the option to copy (ctrl c) or save (ctrl s) the screenshot to your own device.  I've never seen any option to download it to their servers. Additionally, it doesn't show a URL like bitly (a URL shortener) does.  Like any other screenshot, you must be aware of everything that it shows before you share it with anyone.