To our Australian friends

Cassel

The news are full of bad news. Last night, they were showing major floodings. I saw a friend post videos on FB and that is a LOT of water, a lot of areas even submerged.

Are you affected by those? Are you safe?

There is a very active member of another scrapping forum I'm in that had to evacuate her home. She sent an email from her phone to one of the designers on the site. She has been told that the water is up to the roof line of her single story home. It is just her and her husband and they are both in their 60's. My heart aches for her because they could have potentially lost everything.

Several other members of that board also live in the areas with flooding. One has a son that has major flooding but has a 2 story house so they have been able to stay. Another member lives near the coast. She was saying that they could kayak in the man cave under their house instead of on the nearby water!

This area of the Wide Bay region has been impacted again. I am very fortunate that this home is well above flood level ... although my backyard does get to calf level and doesn't run off as well or as quickly as I would like it too. 2011, 2013 and 2022 have shown that the weather pattern is changing ... so climate change is gearing up and we must learn to live with it. The bulk of this country's habitation is the eastern side of the Great Dividing Range and that is quite often responsible for the run off that impacts the cities and towns. ... :'-(

Guest Guest
I want to comfort and encourage you all with these words: Psalm 46: 1 "God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in times of trouble." NWT