Up-to-date Challenge - 2022

Cassel

Here are August and September calendr pages. The August page has a picture ofour  Mr. Mooch. I used the Carolina Script from Creative Fabrica for the letter S and for the rest  of the letters I used the Harrington font I have on my computer. Thank you Carole for the tip to add a softened and feathered image to the extra space, I had fun with that on both the July and and August page.

For the September page I used a picture of our Cinnamon. Both cats have crossed the Rainbow bridge a few years ago, but they will always be in our heart. I used the Carolina font again for the letter S and finished with the Black Chancery which  I have on my computer. The Autumn leaves are from Digital Scrapbook. I have not had time yet to start the cover page, am working on the next few pages. After that I will start on the cover.

Another month with 2 pages. I thought the turkey photo very appropriate for a Virginia Thanksgiving. Photo taken in my back yard. The Blue-eyed Grass is a new one for me. It is a wild flower and was growing in my yard this summer. I dug some of it and have it in pots, hoping it will survive the winter and I can plant it in the spring. We have had a couple of light frosts so I have it protected.

The Tennessee photos were taken at  the Gaylord Opryland hotel (resort and convention center). They decorate inside and out for Christmas. Friends and I traveled to Tennessee just to see the decorations. We were not disappointed. We spent hours walking the lobby (huge) and taking photos and then went outdoors to walk around all the outdoor decorations. The lobby has a river running thru it that contains water from all the famous rivers from all parts of the US, and from some rivers from parts of the world. I would loved to have stayed there but it was $300+ per room. It is open to the public so while we did not stay there, we sure did enjoy the gardens. If you get a chance to see it...do.