August Theme Challenge - HOBBIES

Cassel

Showcasing my hobby of reading books. I used cass-bookshelves, I extracted the girl and her pile of books from an illustration for Book Week using the selection brush, the trees and bushes are tubes, the paper was from the Animal Kingdom kit, the background and title are colored with a rainbow gradient. The photo is from HViP and the white photo frame and the sky/clouds are both PSP Picture Frames.

Edit: I forgot to mention the title font is Georgina.

Reading is something I love to do especially at night after I have gone to bed.  This page is a bit of a teaser and beneath the multiple overlays are 3 of my favourite books.  See if you can find them ... Art started this with his can you guess where I live page.  The alpha I used for the title is from Far Far Hill.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

Annie: Your design is very clever! I can make out The Mists of Avalon and The #1 Ladies Detective Agency. The third one made me CHEER! Sharon Kay Penman's Here Be Dragons, the first in the Welsh Princes Trilogy. I own her complete set of works and have recently shared some with my daughter so now she's a fan also. So sad we lost Sharon last year. R.I.P.  :-(

We certainly have similar tastes in books, you and I. :-)

Very good Ann! I love your page and can see there are some I have read and some that I have yet to disover. You are soooo right ... you can never have enough books and there is not enough time to indulge! Similar taste in books my friend, that is for sure. Thanks dear Ann, much appreciated my friend. ;D