May SCAVENGER HUNT Challenge

Cassel

Template R from Inspiration here in the Campus...lots of changes. I did create the twill ribbon and journaling strip...only one strip. The ring and straight pin are from Pixel Scrapper. The diamonds are from cleanpng.

The Mountain Laurel here is absolutely amazing this year. Some bushes are 12-15 feet tall...and covered in blossoms. We haven't had Mountain Laurel like this in years!

This page is not overstated in any way which allows the Mountain Laurel to hit the viewer at full force. What beautiful flora Bonnie and I am very thrilled that something good has come out of 2021! Thanks for the info my friend, enjoyed perusing. ;D

In the end I got there, so here is my scavanger hunt. It took a little bit more time then I anticipated because I spent 2 whole evenings on video calls with my daughter and the grandchildren in America! The time difference is 9 hours and the evening is the best time for such calls and that has priority!!!! I have deviated from my flowers to grasses, also in bloom. All the 5 elements are present and I gave the out of bonds technic a try. The green background is also a photo of grass with a heavy blur and a blend mode. And I scattered some seeds.

Lynda, when I see your vegetable garden I envy you, but only a little bit. Years ago we had one too, but the work became a bit to much for my husband (and for me on my own). Since then we have moved house but I still miss it sometimes. I hope it will give you a nice harvest.

Mountain Laurel grows wild but can be found for sale in nurseries.

I copied and pasted the following:

This shade-tolerant North American shrub has gorgeous flowers that bloom in late spring and early summer. A close relative of rhododendrons and azaleas, it’s an excellent choice for a shady garden. It’s also evergreen, so even after the blooms have faded, its leathery deep green foliage provides a welcome sign of life. Even in the coldest winter weather, when rhododendron leaves have curled in on themselves, mountain laurel remains bravely open to the elements.

Mountain laurel was first recorded growing in the wild in 1624 and can be found on rocky ridges and mountainous forest areas as far south as the Florida Panhandle, as far north as southern Quebec, and as far west as Indiana and Louisiana. In spring it can be seen blooming abundantly along the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina and, closer to New York City, in the forests of upstate New York, notably near Lake Minnewaska, in Ulster County. It is the state flower of both Connecticut and Pennsylvania.

All parts of Kalmia latifolia are poisonous if ingested and can cause severe digestive upset and other alarming, though usually nonfatal, symptoms such as weakness and paralysis. Not all animals are affected—deer, unfortunately, are apparently immune to any ill effects and can be vigorous consumers of mountain laurel foliage.

Thanks Corrie, It is a lot of work and waiting but it always pays off in Salsa Verde, Spaghetti, sauce, cucumber salads and dips etc, etc. I imagine there will come a time when I won't or don't want to do it but for now it's fun.

If you miss it perhaps you have a community or neighborhood garden that you can grow a few things in. Just to keep your hands dirty!  :-D