December SONG Challenge - Christmas

Cassel

Song-Challenge.jpg

The SONG challenge will encourage you to use either a title of a song, a phrase or any part of the lyrics from a song from the artist/group mentioned, however, for December, let's just use Christmas songs. I am sure that almost any Christmas project can be embellished with some traditional songs as a title!

Are you up to the challenge?

Hi Scrapbook Campers.  My contribution to the Christmas Song challenge is The Little Drummer Boy.  The delightful photo is a freebie from Freepix and I think he is just too cute.  The background paper is another using Carole's cross tutorial as are the grosgrain ribbons.  All tubes are from my (extensive) collection, jen vrouw, jhanna, jdd and netclipart.  Fonts used are Bradley Hand ITC and Carmencita.  The glittery overlay was also made following a tut by Cassel.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

Well, Annie, I also did the Little Drummer Boy for my Song Challenge and for Advent Day 6, though it looks a lot different from yours, which is charming!

I found some of the fonts I was looking for. The curlicues on the corners are Nymphette from DeFont and treated to an inner bevel. The drummer boy art is from a Google search as is the sheet music. I keep using the same border frame for my Advent Days.. keeps the look consistent for me though I do change up the color.

Here is my next entry in the December SONG Challenge - Christmas. I used Winter Wonderland as the song and a photo of snowy trees that I got from the Facebook site, Hudson Valley in Pictures where the postings marked as free to use. It's also my Advent Day 7 entry.

I played around with the photo, using it as a pattern in the border and as a layer with reduced opacity over the layer with the two deer, which are elements from the AHA-Hygge kit. The font for the song title is Snap and the number 7 is Stencil.

Ann I love your Little Drummer Boy page, it is very cute. The corners worked out very nicely. Your day 7 portrays exactly what your winters deliver and I think you have done very well with the opacity change ups. You have kept it simple and it is eye catching. You are progressing nicely my friend. Thanks also for your compliment on my page, always appreciated. ;D

For a rock ‘n roll Christmas, here's Chuck Berry with "Run Rudolph Run" for the Song Challenge+Day 8 of my Advent Calendar.  The corners are from the Christmas tube, the Chuck Berry art is from the VEVO illustration for the video of the music, the lower blue part is from a paper that reminded me of shots of Earth from outer space. The font for the big number 8 is called Square721 and the flare on the upper right is a tube.

Finally I have something to show for the Christmas Song Challenge. Because I'm late making my holidaycards I made a card that I can print as a double card. Here I'm only showing the front, as the backside is mostly white with only my logo on it. The song I thought of at once is "Silver Bells" . This one is a old one and performed by many singers in many different settings/films. Now I have to print and post my cards, luckely most are here inland. The ones that had to go to the States are posted weeks ago and then you have to hope they arrive in time!

Annie, thank you. Our climate in the Netherlands is very moderate with once in a while some snow but mostly windy and rainy in winter. When I was young it was colder than now with the climate change.  In those days we had natural ice and could go skating on inundated land, canals, lakes. Now you have to go to an icerink! But every year comes the question will we get a white christmas? The answer tends to be no!

Corrie you are most welcome. We are the same here in Bundaberg as far as climate change goes. When I was a child in winter we would have a blanket of frost over the grass in our yard and we used to run out barefoot to crunch it up. No such thing happens now, shame ... but that is the way of it and we just have to go with what the planet is offering. ;)

This is the year to stay home for the holidays ..as the old song goes. There is no place like home for the holidays no matter how far away you go.

I used pieces of two Christmas kits

1) Country Christmas-DiHiller December 2019

2) Merry Little Christmas -Eyeinspire

Photos of my  house last year.

Hello Scrapbook Camper Friends.  This is another for the Christmas song theme.  Of all the songs my very favourite is Jingle Bell Rock ... probably because it has such a fun foot tapping quality to it.  The rocking Santa, pendulum clock, dancing elves are all freebies off the web.  The one horse sleigh I tubed myself and the title alpha I created myself.  The background paper and sticker I also made and the unexceptional but prolific wordart was also a time consuming work of mine ... I think I got most of the words of the song captured!  The snowflakes are a picture tube I created from cass-HolidayCharms-Snowflake 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,and 6.  The other elements are out of my Christmas collection.  Thanks for takin a peek.  ;D