BOOTCAMP September 2020

Cassel

Thanks for the constructive criticism.  To be honest I really struggled with project 1 and was going to scrap it (no pun intended) and start over but, decided to post so I could see if I improved.  Project 2 took me a fraction of the time that I spent on project 1 and I feel it came out better and more uniform.

The leaves are a seamless pattern I created after modifying another one of your scripts.  It just happened to fit nicely with that image.

Euka, I like that scalloped edge around the pink paper.

Jan, it is a great idea to use a large photo as a background paper. It certainly gives your project a real summer feel!

Terry, creating your own papers and patterns is the beauty of learning PSP to create projects: you never have to rely on other supplies since you can create your own!

Rick, as I read the quote, I immediately recognized Gretsky's words, even before reading the signature.

"Rick, as I read the quote, I immediately recognized Gretsky’s words, even before reading the signature."

Excellent Cassel! He truly was the Great One when it came to hockey!

"I loved your projects Rick.  Unfortunately for me I’ve had computer problems and I’m hoping to start next week.  I have to wipe my entire system clean and reinstall all my software.  Funny I have a cousin in Kansas with the same name."

Hi Rita. Thanks for the kind words. I hope you get your computer fixed so you can join the fun. It's been a great experience and I'm glad I took part in it. Your cousin in Kansas has a great name! :)

Hi My Teacher, Hi All,

I dont know really what Ild do without video calls with Grands, and my dog.  He was my last rescue all his homes I tried to get him fell thru.  No one wanted him even though he was free to them, I spent a lot of money getting him ready for his forever home.  Which of course turned out to me mine, lol.   The things we dont know, but this Pandemic would of been so lonely if not for Bruce lee and Video calls my kids.

I made a tub of lil bruce he's a star, lol    I made the buttons with our Teachers script for sale in her store, I also bought many more the bow is a script there too.   I couldn't do the scallops liked Euka Eukas to, but couldn't do it so added a border and a shadow there.   Couldn't d/l the kit just find the preview if that meant click it I did and went to Pixel it would not let me d/l without a current membership.  I did not sweat, fuss, or otherwise I could follow all instruction except the click on preview to get minikit.

Thank you  I learned today thank you Cassel.     I love the bow and buttons script.   This is my 3rd entry oh man I want the diamond or the 25 in store to buy more scripts lol Plan on completing all lessons.

I'm here to try boot camp once again. :-)

I am not a psp beginner but I am learning 2020 as I graduate from psp 9. I haven't use psp for many years I think the very last time I used it extensively it was ver. 7. So I've got a ways to go.

I have a gazillion photos and at least 5 big projects I want to work on. I am making a scrapbook for each of my kids and a vacation 2020 scrapbook and hope to create a special memories book just for me.

here is a pic of my grandkids and family.

This is my fourth project (you did not mention my 3rd one Carole in your critiques, but I want to get credit in the drawing, so I am posting it again here along with Day 7)

Today's project was fun....I had forgotten about the grid line lineups.  I could not find a glitter in my patterns that would look like glitter  on my project and forgot that you offered a link for some more.  I will try them next.  I notice that I have a pattern folder and a glitter folder. Maybe my glitter is not for such big files as scraps are?   Do I need to combine the glitter and the pattern in my PSP files maybe?  Thanks for your great video and all your help.

I used a scrap file called Marisol Pretty  Things  by Janiscrap Designs 2007 and colorized it using Change to Target.

Fur on text created with EyeCandy plugin, I used ChineseOrient-glitters4 for paw print and outlines on images, Papers from pixelscrapper.com.  Meadow the little girl with pink shirt on was a rescue that I fostered while she healed from abuse,  she was adopted by a wonderful lady and her daughter, Meadow now has an Instagram account and has new friends.

Hey all.... I'm sorry I haven't participated daily.. we found out recently a family member is in end stage cancer so our days are really just...I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say.. Anyway, Cassel to answer your question real quick... I've used all versions of PSP since it first came out. They always manage to change things around and make me jump back to one version or another.  We'll see how this one goes. I'll be bowing out of this boot camp but promise to come back for the next one.

Have fun everyone!

Ann A, I apologize for not commenting on your Bubbles project. In fact, it got added to Nathalie's feedback. I commented on the fun way you had the letters on the title. Not sure what really happened. As for the glitters, you can put that folder inside the Patterns folder if you want. You just have to make sure that your PSP is pointing to that Patterns folder and then, it will "see" those glitters. And yes, you can play with the size (Scale) of that pattern to get different results.

Rita, we will wait anxiously for your projects!

Peter, is that a photo of you? I would suggest that you go much much softer on the bevels as it gives a very thick look to your elements, which would then not be realistic to be placed underneath a photo. That page would be quite heavy! Is it possible that you are applying a bevel instead of a Drop shadow? They are one on top of each other in the Effects menu.

Lavada, yes those guides are so useful and can help when you want to align or size images or elements. Glad you learned about a new tool.

Cindy, you can probably add a larger and more blurred shadow on a bow since it is not completely flat (like a paper or a photo). Try it on bows and knots.

Diane Co., looking forward to the beautiful projects you will do.

The papers and photos are all mine.. the parrots and small butterflies were in my 'stash' and the words are from Ms Google!.  Unfortunately it is hard to do justice to the wildflowers and  just how far they extend but they are amazing.

I have the scallop paper again .. took me a while to make a template I liked and I am still working to get a nice bevel edge.

Cindy - if you like I can give you the template I made for the scallops - which is just a line of circles cut in half.   Or a blank paper you could play with. Sounds like Bruce Lee was meant to be with you.

Jan - waving back at you from lockdown!!

It is always interesting to see the great projects being presented.

Attended my granddaughter's gender reveal party on Sunday and got some good photos and videos on my iPhone. The center photo is a still but the other two are clipped from the video. I wish I knew how to safely enlarge them. They led to this Bootcamp layout that illustrates their joy! A young black bear wandered into the celebration, looking to share the delicious BBQ! You can see him on the bottom left. ;) I used the papers and alpha from the Somewhere in Time kit and the text is Bradley Hand which needed to be heavier so I added a stroke in the same black and that did the trick!

Well I finally got Project 3  (friends) complete! I struggled with the filling of texture for some time and somehow I managed to  overload the program and it would not budge. I had saved my work but there was something in that file that was just continuing to  throw a spanner into the works. SO.. I deleted it and started from scratch again and here is the result. I can say that I am getting very good at filling with texture and colour. I used some paper and elements of Sheila Reid's "Speed Zone" kit from Pixel Scrapper. Now to get going on Project 4....

I am enjoying seeing everyone's fabulous work here and how diverse the project turn out to be.

q93xcccnz2f4ueizbkoy495q3a6gwds8.jpg

meet tobey (top) hes sister rubby(bottom) and lulus who is on the left.. these are my hubbies babies..tobey and rubbie are 9 years old and lulus is 4. using jack 9 i had some problems with being able to highlight just one letter at a time so i ened up having to use the magic wand to and clicking on the letter to change the color.. i'm not sure if its because i am using such and older version or i just could not understand how to do it.. but i had fun trying.

Euka, it is a great idea to create that template; scalloped edges can be tricky to do, and they are so fun to have!

Ann S, have you tried 2021 yet? Enlarging with its AI seems to do a pretty good job That is a great page too.

Nathalie, that is such a fun layout. I can see how you enjoy those races!

Ann A, I am curious, how you were doing pinking before? Resizing can be tricky when you want to place something in a specific area. I suspect that the little cluster with the knot and tag was resized using the Pick tool and using the left/right nodes. You might want to check this article to make sure you never squish anyone while resizing.

Lavada, those are cute pictures. One little detail (and older members will know that I am picky on that) is about the direction of the shadows on the spray of beads. You likely have flipped or mirrored it for the bottom left set: do you see how the shadows are in a different direction than the ones on the top right? If you are using JASC PSP9, you can highlight the letters, one by one, in the Text entry dialog window. Did you try that?

Peter, I notice your buttons have a square "background". Did you download it as a png element or as a jpg? I see you managed to get those letters in different colors. That is a fun trick, right?

Golly gee willikers Cassel that was a fabulous lesson! I agree with Ann A.,  that trick to "Pinking" edges is amazing. I am fast forwarding and have an idea on how Euka Euka created her beautiful scallop edge paper template. EE you did a very precise job on that, well done!! I also loved the lesson on using selections to create a border. Both those "tricks" will be put to good use!

Here is my Project 4, I know the the lesson only used 3 photos but I had to include the info board pic (used the perspective tool again ;-) ) that Pete was reading for my benefit (and those of you who read it)LOL.(ps, times have changed since it was built and is now the 4th longest span according to Wikipedia) On our road trips to the race tracks we try to find some interesting sites to visit along the way. This was on our way down to Charlotte NC, just outside Fayetteville WV.

Love seeing everyone's take on our projects/lessons.