BOOTCAMP September 2020

Cassel

I went very dark on this project, used Dragan Effect on all but moon and text.  Something very different for me.  I used the bottom kit Cassel gave link to.

My tip is when aligning the boxes, I created both sets on 4 boxes and then selected the top and bottom box and aligned left, repeat for the remaining 3 sets of boxes. then I selected all boxes on top and then aligned to bottom then did the same for the other set of boxes.  Then select all 4 boxes in a box set and then merge. This does away with using guides and manually aligning each box.

Euka, it is interesting that you used the exact same layout as the sample, but in smaller to showcase a photo as a background. Very creative!

Jan, that is very creative. I would not have thought of using elements like you did, but I guess it is just that I am personally drawn to use my photos. Never think outside of that! But you did!

Ann A, yes, you managed to use that tag without distortion. It is true that sometimes, sizing for one direction does not seem to fit everything in the end. That is when you can crop, cut, or hide parts that are too big. Or sometimes, one element just ends up not being suitable for the space allowed.

Terry, it is definitely different than what we are used to see, but I am glad to see something that is completely NOT frilly. There are all kinds of options when we use digital elements, whether we find them online or we create them.

If you started late but still want to have your name in the draw, you have until tomorrow night to post at least 4 projects.

I am having the same problem that Euka was having.  My PSP has locked up on Day 11 project and I can not get it finished on either computer.  It will not open it and I cannot even save the unfinished part to a .jpg 600.  I tried cleaning the cache in Windows, not sure how to do it in the PSP program if that is an option?  I rebooted several times and I tried the file on the laptop and rebooted it too, but no luck.  This is a screen shot of the file in Windows Explorer  as I was working on it.  It was showing file size of 1.18 GB so I am pretty sure that is the problem.

Well, letting the computer sleep on it (and me too, cause I was TOTALLY frustrated!) I came back and tried again, but neither computer would open the 1.18 GB file in PSP X9. ( It does not like Windows 10 at all and has always been  slow and hesitant about opening tools such as Materials or selections) So I started over totally and here is my new result.  I like both of them. Thank you to  Eyeinspire Fruitloops for the Scrapkit.

I would like to know if there is a way to clean a cache in PSP? Also if you think the size of the file is the problem and how did it possibly get so big?  This new one was only  34.4 MB and had all the same elements and papers.

Ann A. it is strange that the project would be 1GB??? That is almost the size of PSP itself! Are you able to open other files? Something around 40 or even 100MB is not unheard of if you save it in .pspimage format, but 1GB, that is really odd.

Peter, good use of the technique. I hope you find other opportunities to use it!

Yes, it is strange.  I have to save a lot because PSP keeps shutting down in the middle of my work.  That is the only reason I can think of, but the other 4 projects were all under 52 MB so not sure on the difference.  Here is an image of the listing in file explorer.

And is there a cache in PSP to clean out?

Ann - I wonder if you made a similar mistake I just made to get such a large file - I resized a pin by %  - then later when I went to resize an image I forgot to change to pixels and - it resized 600%!!!    Totally froze everything and luckily I had already saved it before trying to resize.

I clear my psp cache under Preferences then select Reset Preferences BUT make sure you only have the Delete all cache files ticked.  

I finished the Concentration project but I had a very hard time with the word wrap.

I finally got it or so I thought, I saved as a PSP 3600 pixels but, when I resized it to 600 pixels in JPEG to share. The word wrap portion disappeared. What did I do wrong? I used a round photo and frame. Even though I was comfortable with a rectangular photo and frame and sku-ing  them.

:) Angie Canez

I really could use a cheat sheet for all these project because I will not remember the instruction presented in the video :(

Angelina, you are not doing anything wrong. What happens is that when you resize the image, the selection that contains the text, does not resize with it, so the selection (and the text) is still there, but likely out of bound of the image. That is a "normal" behavior. In order to avoid seeing the text disappear, you need to make a duplicate of that layer, and convert it to a raster. That layer will size down with your image.

By the way, I moved your project to the most recent Bootcamp thread since it was... more recent. If you NEED to have it in the January Bootcamp, I can still move it back. Just let me know.

Hi Everyone

I have travelled extensively throughout the outback of Australia, by road. I am hoping to be able to present this journey through scrapbooking and storytelling.

My preferences are for lighter colours in the screens and background. It helps with seeing my contrasts and shadows a bit better.

My first photo is of a place in the middle of the Northern Territory and the gateway to Arnhem land. Unfortunately, it is also a bit of a notorious place for strandings, and massive crocodile sightings. See one of the stories here,

The rule I have always known and followed is, if you can't see the rocks, don't be crossing.

Cahills Crossing, Alligator River.