Alphabet game - Pets

Cassel

Z = Zebrafish (i guess a real four legged zebra might not be as convenient as a pet!)

Since we reached the end of the alphabet, how about we find words now, related to attributes, activities or care for pets. Are you game for this? Can we complete another alphabet series before the end of the month? It might be easier than finding actual pets!

So I will start.

A = Adoption

Hehe... I also wish my cat was docile. He has long fur and does not groom himself very well and his fur is all matted. He won't tolerate being held. He won't tolerate being brushed. We had to bring him to the groomer, and she had to shave him, but she was only able to shave the back. After that, her hands were in danger! The job could NOT be completed, and right now, we are looking at shaving under anesthesia. Not a fun prospect. In the mean time, he look really weird!

Wow...that's a challenge.  Is there any chance this cat will allow himself to be vacuumed?  My brother had a Maine Coon cat (well, at least he claimed it was) and it had very thick fur that was hard to brush, but the cat loved to be vacuumed and that sucked out the loose hair before it got to the matting stage.  I know not all cats enjoy this process but I had to ask.

I don't know if this would work, but I just heard about the LICKI Brush for cat grooming, but I don't think there is anyway I could keep my cat laughing himself to death if I tried it: 

In honor of your kitty:

F = furry

Z-   Zorse.     I've ridden and owned horses all my life, never owned one, but have heard of them a Zorse is the offspring of a Zebra with horse for a mother.  There's also the Zonkey, a cross between a Zebra and a donkey, again the mother would be the donkey.

R = Rescue ... all my cats were rescued, one way or another. Either from the shelter, once from the pet shop hours before one kitten was to be euthanized, some were stray cats, among them two tiny kittens that were abandoned.

Not all pets are carnivores so, in addition to your cat, there are other pets who are vegetarians (bunnies, for example) so I think vegetarian works.  We used to have a cat that dug up carrots to eat them and another that liked cooked broccoli. You just never know.  I was thinking veterinarian, with whom I'm having quite a close relationship lately.  Sigh.