September Theme Challenge - TREES

Cassel

I used a template but I have changed it so much...you would hardly recognize the original template. Template by Miss Fish, Left and Right 1_03. The signs read in part:

"

I am old, as old as can be,

I am estimated to be 400 years old you see

I've got to be very attractive

Because the surveillance on me is active;

My limbs are hollowed but you can't

tell, because my bark keeps me looking well;

I don't like it when you lean, pull, sit,

Stand or climb on me, also your purses,

Cameras or anything that would damage me;

I ask you just admire and let me be!

I want to live as much as 900 years

Because that is my life expectancy.

So you can gently rub me, you can

Gently hug me, you can gently kiss me,

And if you try to do anything else I've

Got someone who will tell you!

The Angel Oak Tree is estimated to be 300-400 years old. The life expectancy of an oak is approximately 500-700 years. An oak rots from the inside and is fragile as it becomes older.

Tree height: 65'

Circumference: 25.5 feet

Area of shade: 17, 000 square feet

Largest limb: circumference, 11.25 feet/length 89 feet"

The Angel Oak is on St. John's Island in South Carolina, my home state.

It's fun to take pictures with a purpose. Last week I was hiking on the west coast of Vancouver Island and I saw this interesting arrangements of trees. Note how the salt spray from the ocean has shaped all the trees in this cluster to follow the line of the winds. I would never have payed much attention to it or even bothered to photograph it if it had not been for this September Challenge about trees.

While doing nothing (except housekeeping as good as it goes with one hand) I have admired all the beautiful work that is done. Art love your photo! But now I have managed to do a tree page of my own, it took me several days to complete; every day a little bit only for a short period of time. I hope that in a week or so my hand will be fully functional again. I experimented a bit with different borders and made a picture tube out of my name as well. The photos are as always mine and are taken in my neighbourhood in the autumn of last year.

Corrie - So sorry about your hand, but glad it is not broken.

Minka - Crayfish are freshwater crustaceans. In some parts of the United States they are also known as crawfish, craydids, crawdaddies, crawdads, freshwater lobsters, mountain lobsters, mudbugs, or yabbies. Crayfish are eaten all over the world, only the tail portion is served. And yummy they are!

Have you ever noticed the cobwebs on plants on a misty morning?  Have you ever noticed the cobwebs on the trees in the middle of a dam?  To me, they look like lace and are beautiful.  It amazes me how they swing out so far to the trees in the middle or the grasses just peeping above the water.  The other thing that amazes me, is the amount that is on the plants that you don't see unless it's a misty morning.

Thank you for the template, I think it's a beauty.  I enjoy seeing all the different ideas from the one subject.

Corrie; Beautiful layout.  I love the bg paper and the frame around it all.

Cheryl:  I love what you did with the photos and template.   Where did you find the template?  I seem to have missed that.

Nemisis:  You did a beautiful job with the blended layers.  It makes your photo very stunning and unique.

I was hiking with my grandchildren when we came upon this interesting scene in Minnekhada Regional Park. The big old tree on the upper left has had to work hard over its life to get to water and the roots have travelled over the nearby rocks to get it. This shows how nature adapts to different climate conditions.

Here in Virginia Beach summer is still in full swing judging by the folks still social distancing on our beaches. It is mainly a lot of locals I believe but the hotels announced an extended opening thru October. Needles to say I had to use some older photos of fall and hurricane damage here at my place.