May Theme Challenge - RAIN

Cassel

Theme-Rain.png

Rain can be something to feel down about, but it can also bring up some rainbows or some fun pictures. Do you have a fun raincoat? Did the kids play in a puddle? Are they coming home all muddy from playing outdoor?

Show us those photos or tell us those fun stories.

Let's go!

Thanks so much, Cristina. The little girl is separate from the umbrellas.

I started with one umbrella. Duplicated it and mirrored it vertically. Duplicated twice more and free rotated each of those. Then I merged all four to a new layer and rotated that one 45 degrees. Merged all eight of the umbrellas. Duplicated that layer and rotated it 22.5 degrees. I enlarged the bottom layer a little bit (don't remember how much). Hence, a total of 16 umbrellas, eight on each layer.

Technically one umbrella and one girl. :)

This is a page I made for the theme.  I used a scrap kit from Scrap and Tubes titled Willow for the background papers and elements.  The picture is the delightful artwork of Malgorzata Gruszka and is free to download from ArtStation which is a site similar to DeviantArt.  Some great artwork on there if you just type rain or anything else into the search bar.  The font I used for the title is Teardrop and it kind of gave an oriental feel to the piece.  I used an effect from the plugin Graphics Plus called Cross Shadow on the title font and it is an effect I have always loved but had forgotten about somehow ... why do we do that, lol!  Layout is my own.  Thanks for takin a peek!

Trish:  It seems we are going to be puddle hopping here around 5pm but at my age it will  not be as much fun.  I love te picture you used too.

Michele: What a delightful view. I  love the little gal and your description made me want to try a 'brella circle but I got to dizzy to finish. lol

Annie: I love all things oriental! That font is great too. Thanks for your description of what all went into your project. I have no idea how ya'll do that.  I never can keep track of what I am using or doing when I am inside PSP.  I guess I am just way to impulsive.

This is another for the theme.  I went with the Random Challenge Generator and this is the end result.  All elements and papers are my own.  For the layout I was guided by one from Pixel Scrappers created by Elif Sahin ... greatly adulterated though, but I wanted it to fit into what I had in mind from the RCG.  I used an umbrella for the hexagon shape and the string of kids for the banner.  The polaroid frame frames the hexagon umbrella and I used Cassel's confetti script for the black and white square confetti.   The font used is Austiebost Crazy Days.  I totally went with the black and white combination and the only splash of colour is from the photo itself ... which is from Unsplash and was taken by Rhendi Rukmana.

Another page for the theme and this time using a beautiful photo from Unsplash which was taken by Josef Bsharah.  I did the RCG again and this is the result.  Layout is my own, papers my own following the tut by Cassel.  I think for the most part it is all mine.  I tubed the rain cloud charm on the top right corner as I did think it was real cute.  Danish Crack is the font I used for the title and the font I used for the song is Harrington.  Thanks for takin a peek!

I am kind of late viewing and commenting on all the challenges; there are so many nice ones. :)

Dorothy, you created lovely and fun layouts for the theme. Great job.

Annie, I wonder how long do you take choosing the photos. :) I love them and the layouts you created around them. Great work, as always. <3

This is my take on the May Theme Challenge - RAIN. The paper with the umbrellas is generously provided by Trish Williams (thanks again) and the alpha and picture tube is by Carole (also thank you). I'm starting to like those picture tubes! Next I'll try my hand at the scraplift challenge; it certainly keeps me busy!

I thought this photo sourced from Pexels and taken by Bibhukalyan warranted a place here ... such beautiful colours capturing a beautiful shower of rain.  The photo is of a rainy day in Mumbai.  The background paper is my own creation.  The overlays are courtesy of Katie Pertiet and I again used the teardrop font.  I edged the font with glitter as per Cassel's tutorial.  The raindrops are freebies from the web.  Thanks for takin a peek!