Wise Words Challenge 2020

Cassel

Day 5 .. Another great project - had a quick go at it. Super impressed with everyone's tries. Fun to look at. Glad to see so many participating, too! Lots of ideas to contemplate when you look at others. :)

Thanks Vicki yes ANZAC day is a very special day and was certainly different this year but in saying that I think people really made an effort and were maybe even more aware.  I love your remembrance honouring your uncle.

Day 5 - Lightning .. this was a photo I took during a storm last year.  I did use texture but it didn't show up very well so I ended up duplicating and converting to a raster layer and a little drop shadow. I had a plain background and changed it to a pattern hoping for a more translucent effect but it didn't maybe my colours were too dark.   Thanks for the link on using a template  Carole ... I had a little play and need to do more.

Day 6, Sue I found the third one .......   great job.   I used a purchased scrap kit for this one.   We went to Oktoberfest in a local small town.   I tried many colours in my font but no fill looked the best.   I used the metal tube and recoloured to gold, autumn color.   Added drop shadows using Cass Shadow placer, a great time saver.   Added my date stamp Cass Date Stamp 2.  Really enjoyed this technique thanks Carole.

There is a little back story. The picture is from our final family reunion. The picture of the crawdad reminded me of decades ago when my cousins and I would run to the creek after lunch to catch some. It was good to see another generation having just as much fun.

Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park is the site of a Civil War-era iron plant that supplied the Confederate army which is why I chose the metal beads as the text outline. The furnaces were fueled by the trees in the forest surrounding the plant.

The picture was taken with an old camera phone. I ran it through Photozoom 7 to increase the resolution and clean up the JPEG artifacts.

It has taken me some time but here is wise words day 4. The problem was not in the vector path but I started out using the template and that did not work at all with the theme and photos I wanted to use. Yesterday was any how an off day; with everything I did something went wrong. So in the end I realised I simply should not use that template! Now is an other day and it went smoothly.

Carole I saw your comment on day 3 and I agry with you. It shows one really should not try to finish something off if it has become very late at night. I'll rectify.

Sue this is a beautiful page, the photos are sooooo professional and I love the way you have displayed the Vincent Van Gogh quote ... job well done my friend. I think the 3rd squirrel is in the bottom photo kinda snuggled up with his/her mate, yeah? Yes, I am back on track dear Sue and taking it slow and easy as you suggested. One day at a time! <3

Day 6.  I found this lovely colourful photo on Unsplash and it was taken by Tom Podmore.  The colours are amazing so I decided to go with the brights ... not my usual style but inspired by the delightful work coming through.  Kit used is Delish by Gina Jones from Pixel Scrappers and layout courtesy of Cassel's template.  Definitely loving these simple and effective layout templates Cassel, thank you!  The font I used is Hobo and the rope is a tube by Cassel.  Thanks for takin a peek!

Day 6

At the end of last year hubby went into a competition at the local bottle shop and won the esky.

He'd much rather it be a Jim Beam one, which is what he drinks,  but winner are grinners and he's very happy with the win!

Well...... that was fun.......... I've had that script sitting in my folders now for probably a couple of years.  Never figured out why it wouldn't work so never actually used it.......... Have now and I'm happy.   I was leaving out the Conver to path step and thats why it never worked!!!    Thanks Carole.... it wont be sitting any more.

Thank you for the template Cassel.  It sure saved me some time tonight. The bundle you used was one I got today. Really some neat things in that bundle. I did have some trouble. Even with glasses and a magnifying glass I could not make out the font you used in this project. I thought you said Gill something. I did a search for it as I liked how it worked for you.

I found two fonts and I wonder if they are the same as yours ?

The Ones I found are Gil Sans and the other is Gill Sans Ultra Bold.   Was I any where close to yours?

Loving all the amazing work by everyone... so much talent and very inspirational!

Carole, I have Paintshop 2020 Ultimate but I don't have the same (or cannot find!) the materials properties palette that you have.  I like how yours displays, have you adjusted it or am I missing something in my setup?   This is what I have.