What frustrates you the most...?

Cassel

A lot of people are trying digital scrapbooking using their computer instead of paper, scissors and glue. It has many advantages, but i would like to know something:

What frustrates you most when you try to build a scrapbook page on the computer?

Share your feelings. Maybe you feel like you are the only one to feel like that, yet, others are also in the exact same situation.

I love making all the papers and elements but struggle with composition, how to put it all together, elements, colours etc and make it look good. Are there any guidelines. Also, I get bamboozled by all the jargon surrounding copyrights. What are they saying in layman's terms and how do you credit someones work properly. It has been argued by other forums that you can only put one copyright per piece of completed compilation of work but have to acknowledge others artwork too (who also have a CR to their work), so I get confused as to how to work out who has the overall CR. A minefield I know but surely I can't be the only one with these concerns with CR.

Sheila x

Thanks Joanne and Sheila for your comments. I can see that there are some specific points that i can add either as blog posts or as tips and tricks. Definitely on my to-do list now!

Bring them on. What else do you find frustrating?

Hi Kim,

Scripting can be easy or complex. If you want to get acquainted with scripting, i was a guest presenter for a live class with Corel a couple of years ago, on the topic of scripts. You can view the recording here: https://youtu.be/IOT2k2wlCG8

It is basic, and explains how one can record some basic scripts for future use. However, if you want something that goes beyond the recording of steps, there is one class available (not free though) here:

http://scrapbookcampus.com/master-classes/wjan2013-scripting-in-paintshop-pro/

And finally, if you really want to dive into coding scripts, there is a paid course (not from me) and it is the same course i took when i started scripting, 7 or 8 years ago: http://scrapbookcampus.com/paintshop-pro-scripting-course/

Hope this helps to start.

• 2 weeks later...

My issue is with using masks that I buy from designers with lovely edge finishes.

I can never seem to get the layers and sizing downpat so that I can merge the mask with the picture I chose to get the nice finish the mask adds to a square photo.

Do you have a tutorial which is for "Dummies" that is easy to follow and duplicate?

Much appreciated.

Ann

Hi Ann,

What is the format for those masks? Are they png or jpg? There is a blog post here that explains how to use the masks that are commonly available online, in scrapbook store. Would that help? If not, give me a bit more information on the type of mask you have and i'll get something for you.

Cassel

<div>

<div>

<div>

<div>

<div>

<div>Hello hello,

</div>

Thank you for a prompt response!

</div>

They are in a png. format.  I did look at the tutorial you suggested and I thought it might be helpful but realized I am probably complicating the issue because I use PSE 9 and not PSP which is your specialty.  I could follow some of your posted tutorials somewhat as some of the processes are similar.</div>

In this case, in PSE 9, it involves separate layers of the pic and mask and then making a clipping mask of (???and this is where I get lost) and merging them.  They must be in a particular order.</div>

I have tried viewing some of the You Tube tutorials on this but I guess have not found the one that makes sense.......they seem to leave out a crucial step that I guess they take for granted we know and it just does not co-operate on screen when I try.

</div>

What your tutorial shows IS the look I am trying to achieve but with PSE 9.  If anyone knows a good tutorial on this, or should you I would very much welcome any suggestions!

</div>

Thanks you.

<div class="yj6qo ajU">

<div id=":ln" class="ajR" tabindex="0" data-tooltip="Show trimmed content">cleardot.gif</div>

</div>