What are you working on (in March 2020)?

Cassel

Colleen, I just snagged your wood grain sample and when I flood fill a 3600 x 3600 page it is definitely seamless. I even tried it at 45 degree angle and 50% ... definitely seamless. As for the gold foil I have no idea how you would create that. It looks to me to be more of a glass texture than foil. Perhaps fooling around with the mosaic glass tool may give you a result you would be happy with.

With regards to the glitter I prefer the one on the left but it is a very subjective choice. I, myself, am not a glitter fan but you have me intrigued ... I think I will have to play! Happy creating my friend. <3

I am not a scrapbooker ... but I've been having fun learning some of the things you can do. Made a Spidey page for my nephew who is a fan of all things Spidey. Found the Spiderman Font on the internet for free. :)

Just a couple of birthday cards I made this week. (Kind of a forced creative inspiration :) )

On the one for Anne, I used a free cluster from AngelDesignz. Added a pink background, duplicated it, and applied a texture. (I tend to duplicate layers before I do something to it.) I used a circular selection to delete the texture under the cluster so the plain pink shows through. Then I Selected All, Contracted by 50 and Expanded by 15. Next was Effect: Geometric: Circle choosing white for the color. Deselected, then selected the white portion, changed it to pink, and added an inner bevel to the selection. Sometimes I just go through different effects that I'm not familiar with and stumble across something I like. The font is Chietah.

On Michele's card, I used papers and a butterfly from Lady DG Scrap's portion of a Blog Train. Used one of Cassel's floral corner punches on the top layer. Then I used her Bow 9 script. The font is Riviera Signature.

I'm not always this wordy, but I know we have a lot of newbies in the campus. Reading how other people created their projects really helped me when I started out and it still does.

Trish,

Thanks! Yeah, I'm leaning toward the left one on my sample also. There are soooo many different types of glitter. I'm about to just take a pic of real glitter and somehow use that...lol. Oh and I agree about sparkles - I think they add so much more to glitter.

I have not looked at Filter Forge, so thank you, I will check that out. I found SuperBladePro and downloaded a trial version. Having a hard time figuring that out at the moment, so more practice.

I love your St. Patrick's Day papers!

Annie,

Thanks for letting me know about the wood grain being seamless for you. I just can't unsee the vertical lines that are throughout mine, so I'll have to play around with that more.

Great eye on the gold foil I posted! It was used with the glass filter in Photoshop Elements. I do see how it appears as glass, but I also think it looks like foil because of the shine. I prefer PaintShop Pro so much over Photoshop, but there are some filters in Photoshop that PSP doesn't have. I'm lucky because my sister gave me her copy of Photoshop Elements, so I didn't have to pay anything for it.

Oh and I did try the mosaic glass in PSP, but it doesn't look right to me. I'll have to play around more.

Your glitters look great!

I am late, as usual :) Here is the layout I created to practice the tutorials from the Lab10 Module 02 (Shield Shape - Road - Number). I created the background paper with screenshots from Google Maps and Photo Effect>Sepia Toning.

Fonts: KG Arrows and Bad Script

Colleen, sorry I had not seen your questions go through. Thanks for the reminder.

Question 1: I think the definition of "foil" can vary so you can possibly find tutorials to end up with different results. I can look into it. I know that Mura's Meister plugin also has a "cloud" option (although you can create something using the Brush Variance palette and the Brush tools, plus lots of blur). As for the glass effect, I think that an overlay might be needed, but I'll investigate.

Question 2: Although this is not free, I would recommend that you get Filter Forge when you have a chance. It often comes on sale for 80% off. Once you have the plugin, you can download thousands of individual filters. Get the Standard edition if you have a chance.

Question 3: Seamless tiling will depend on the design. With wood design, it is a bit harder. You can try with the native PSP Seamless tiling but it has some drawbacks. Usually, if I create a wood grain texture, I will create it as large as I need it to avoid seams.

Hope this helps.

Shirley, it is great that you continue to use those masks templates. More practice will make those masks more "enjoyable"! And those dogs are so cute!

Annie, as long as those big cats are not YOUR PETS, it is a great page! :) You definitely seem to love nature, right?

Minka, once you have more time, PSP will still be there for you! On your layout, you might want to add a few shadows on the frames especially. It will give them more 3D effect.

Trish, when is Mother's Day for you? Here it is in May.

Michele, your birthday cards are lovely. Like yourself I will play around with different effects and stumble across something that appeals to me. Well done Hon. <3

Trish, your International Book Day is delightful. I love how you used the silhouettes. Well done my friend.

Cristina, what a great page you have created. I love how you are peeking out of the little veedub (Aussie slang for Volkswagen) and your background paper is very cool, well done my friend.

Cassel, those big cats are definitely not my pets ... I can love them at a distance, lol! Yes, I really do love all forms of nature. So glad you liked the page. <3

I had another play with trying to create glitter.  This page is from Cassel's tutorial - Classes-beginner-start here-project 3.  I like the layout of this page and remembered it featured a glitter paper so it was handy to use to check out the glitter I had created especially for this gorgeous pink robin.  Photos are freebies from the web.  The kit I used was by Gina Jones of Pixel Scrappers - Don't Eat the Daisies.  I made the stencil flower element following Cassel's stencil tutorial.  Thanks for takin a peek!