Love Story Challenge 2020

Cassel

Here's my day 1 of the Challenge.  I used a few techniques in this project, out of bounds, lifted corner, present heart shape which I  made into a  heart balloon, with a few holes punched out.   Already there are  some  beautiful pages.  It never ceases to amaze me  with the same layout, each one is  unique.  Well done !

I really had a hard time with this, and never felt like I had any control of the result .this is the first time ive tried to use a mask since  about 2010 or earlier. so basically  as soon as it started to vaguely look like a page I gave up for now its a red paper behiiind the mask and it probably looks better pink but it was not on purpose the elements are from a kit called it must be spring somewhere.

I really had a hard time with this, and never felt like I had any control of the result .this is the first time ive tried to use a mask since  about 2010 or earlier. so basically  as soon as it started to vaguely look like a page I gave up for now its a red paper behiiind the mask and it probably looks better pink but it was not on purpose the elements are from a kit called it must be spring somewhere.now it ssaid this is a duplicate post  but I don't see the image at all

Well, I think I may need to un-enroll from this challenge as I have no idea what masks are and I'm already lost just from reading the challenge page. Even with downloading the templates, I don't know what things I'm supposed to download.

So, Cassel, how do I un-enroll from this challenge? I don't think I'm experienced enough for this one yet.

Lydia, it looks like you managed to use the masks without any issues. Is that accurate?

Shutterpixi, those are nice photos. Glad you found a way to use the confetti.

Sue, I am not surprised to see those wildlife photos of yours. They are gorgeous.

Lynda, those photos of you during your travels would be just as great, especially if your loved one is with you :)

Barbara, those furry friends are so cute. I look forward to seeing more of them.

Peggy, it looks like you created the mask correctly but since the edge of your photo is inside the edges of the mask, that is why we see the straight edge of that photo. In this case, you can possibly enlarge the photo so the edges would fade on the edge of the mask.

Annie, you always find such wonderful pictures!

Colleen, I can cancel the email series for you, but I know you can do it. First, download the template. It is listed in the paragraph starting with "Loulou's template can be downloaded HERE". Click on that "HERE" and it will bring you to a Dropbox page. Find the button "Télécharger" on the top right then "Téléchargement direct". That will download the whole zip file. Once you unzip it, you will find one .psd file. That's the template that you will use to follow the instructions. Take the steps one by one, and if you get stuck, just ask for clarifications. We are here to help.

Cassel,

I'll stay enrolled for the time being. I just watched a video on the Corel site about masks, so I now know what they are. :) It went a little fast when talking about the layer groupings, so I'll re-watch it.

Thank you for the instructions on what to download from dropbox - I do see the .psd file, so I feel better about that. I'll admit the telecharger got me confused, because I didn't see it on my dropbox. Until I realized that it was French and translates to download, which I did see on mine...haha.

I'll take a fresh look at everything tomorrow, when I'm not so tired and will give it a go. It might take me a little longer, but I will try.

Thanks again!  :)

Hi Everyone. :)  Lovely and amazing layouts posted here.

For Day 1, I used "loulou DCS avril 2016 - Template 2". I tweaked it a bit to fit my needs.

The background is a photo with Effects>Art Media Effects>Pencil. Other papers and elements from "PBS -Escale amoureuse- Clindoeil" kit.

I also used Carole's Lifted Photo Script.

Bravo pour vos belles pages, vous avez fait du beau travail!

Carole, malgré le fait que je l'ai déjà fait, en lisant les commentaires je viens d'apprendre quelque chose (l'interligne).  Vraiment je ne regrette pas de le refaire

Je vais utiliser des photos d'hibiscus pour ce challenge

Day 2 of the Love story Challenge.   The facial expression on this female  Tree Swallow is priceless. It speaks volumes.  I created a masked image of her to create the background paper.  Using  a high blur, and  seamless tiling.  I then used that masked image, mirrored,  and  blend mode. To jazz up a very simple preset frame I used a heart font  to maintain it's  simplicity.

So many beautiful pages.  Well done everyone. As for the newbies, don't give the ghost just yet if you are finding  it difficult, we have all been there, and I encourage you to persevere.  I can say with all honesty, it will pay off.

Lynda--it's nice to see your pages again.  Your tribute to your mother-in-law is lovely.

Sue--a couple of things:  first of all, I'm in awe of your tree swallow picture.  I find swallows to be among the most difficult of birds to photograph because they're rarely still . . . or, at least, the only ones I ever see seem to be in endless motion as they zoom here, there and everywhere.

--second, I was fascinated by your description of how you made your page--I truthfully have no idea what you did.  I don't know what a masked image is, much less seamless tiling.  Did you learn the techniques you were referring to using the modules in scrapbook campus?

Thank you ever so much Barbara for your very kind comment.  I have 6 tree Swallow nest boxes, and every year they are occupied.  I agree they are very agile little birds.   The technique for the background paper isn't in the campus.  Some techniques I've learnt by trail and error.  I will say that you will be learning how to create your own masks in the challenge.  You don't necessarily have to use a masked image.  Choose a square image.  (if using a masked image, on a new layer I will flood fill the background with a matching colour. Move that layer beneath the mask, merge down)  Go to adjust, Blur, Gaussian blur.  Then go to  effects, image effects, seamless tiling.  Go to  the material pallete, select pattern.  There you will find the  seamless tile you created.  Flood fill your  layer.  The settings will depend on the size of your image.   I hope  I have explained this is a way that you can  follow.   I've attached an image of  one of, what I refer to as one of my Male Tree Swallows.  Feel free to save it, and use it in a project.  It's best to crop as a square, when  using the seamless tiling  tool.