January LETTER Game

Cassel

Letter-Game-300x200.jpg

Although the Alphabet game was fairly popular, let's change things a little bit for this month.

The game will be played by replacing ONE letter by ANOTHER one while leaving all the other letters in the same place. For example, if we started with the word HAPPY, I could change the H by a P and get PAPPY. Then, I can change the A with an O to get POPPY, etc. So every word will still have the same number of letters for the whole game, but only one letter will be replaced at the time.

Let's start with the word GATHER (which just seems to make sense with our theme of Celebrations)

What letter will you replace to make a new word?

Maybe I can make this game only last one week and change the word. Or, if people prefer, we can either go back to the alphabet game the way it was OR find another word game you may suggest? I just didn't want the games and activities to become boring. What do you all think?

Perhaps we could change 2 letters but only after having exhausted changing one letter. For example EASIES could become BABIES and then we revert back to changing one letter for as long as we can before resorting to changing 2 letters. To make it easier for the next player the previous player could highlight which letter/letters were changed.

For what it is worth I tried changing every letter of EASIES with all the letters of the alphabet to come up with a single letter change and got nowhere! :(

For what it is worth I tried changing every letter of EASIES with all the letters of the alphabet to come up with a single letter change and got nowhere!

I tried that too, but since English is not my first language, I could not be 100% sure it was accurate.

But... I have another idea! Wait tomorrow!