What are you working on (in Jan 2020)?

Cassel

I decided to have a play around with one of the lab modules and it was kinda like an 'eenie meenie miney moh' thing and Lab 7 Module 7 took the hit. I really love the sample layout so I commited a cardinal sin and plagiarized ... yes, I know, one day I will pay for my sins. This is my end result and it is true, I really, really do love window and door art. Thanks for takin a peek!

hi Annie love that post, well done, having more comp troubles today, wasnt able to post at all all day , anyway fingers crossed the tech guys sorted it out, put on new security and hopefully Carol sorted out that email problem . So this is me now checking to see if all is OK.  is there a Page for Chinese New Year.

I do not know if any of you ever tried taking a stained glass window pattern and turned it into a paint and texture painting. It does take awhile and I always have one sitting on my back burner to work on occasionally when I am in a blue funk type day.

As Annie says take a peek ya'll

WOW  Dorothy that is great, would love to give that a try, thank you for sharing with us x

Thanks Annie, got hooked on using up some of my chinese bits and piece  now, thanks to you inspiring me x

Thank you Christina, glad you liked the Panda, thought I'd make a tribute to the China we dont see x

I had to use some of the old grey matter on the framing, I could see in my mind what I wanted to create, after a little thought it all came together. I used the one photo, creating two different sized frames (gold) using the selection tool. on separate layers. Selected the gold frames, expand, on a new layers.(4 frames on separate layers, 4 drop shadows on separate layers) Used the eraser tool, to erase some of the frames, and the selection tool to remove the rest of the photo. Mask and blend mode on the left butterfly, original photo for the background, blur, opacity, and texture. Roll on Spring and Summer! We are having wind chills of -52c, now that is a bit chilly.  :-)   We haven't had the quantity of snow that was dumped on Newfoundland though. I can give more detailed instructions if anyone is interested.

I did another ‘eenie meenie miney moh’ thing and this time Lab 8 Module 2 hit the spotlight. I really enjoyed making the papers, the shaped text and the word frames. The layout was inspired by the sample for the module with just a couple of changes. The photos are from Freepik and the brass tubes are from my collection. Tubing is time consuming but sometimes I just need to sink myself into it. Thanks for takin a peek!