June COLOR Challenge

Cassel

Color-Challenge-June2019.jpg

Did you know that Sherwin-Williams promote a new color every month? Of course, they are in the paint business, so it makes sense, but at the same time, it can be a great resource for colors and color palettes, so I thought that we can use some of their suggestions to use in our projects.

This month's color is called Celestial (I guess it makes sense as it is blue like a sky).

The exact Hex code is on the preview above.

You can use this color as simply as for a solid background paper, or a title, but you can also use that as a starting point to create your own palette with matching or contrasting colors and build a whole project around that color/color palette.

What will you do?

Hi Carole, I did not even know Sherwin Williams, so thanks for the info, I just looked for the website, really interesting! The blue is rather a light/pale blue. I tried it already and for those who are interested the simple info:

#97b3d0 = RGB 151 179 208 = HSV 211 70 208

By the way, may I share these links for those who would like to try different color pic tools:

https://color.adobe.com/create   (just click in the circle and play with it, really funny)

https://www.iconico.com/colorpic/  (not expensive)

https://www.materialpalette.com/colors  (may be I added it already somewhere in the showroom)

I added a few minutes ago the celestial blue to the palette and I am sure I will create other contrast/gradient colors, take it as a background or try to change the blue of my sky/cloud-photos.

P.S. I just looked over the website "sherwin-williams" again and how fascinating the world of colors:

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family

Here is my contribution for this challenge.

Background paper by Sheila Reid "Vintage papers set2"; Overlay by Marisa Lerin (Remembrance paper 05).

From Cassel: Laser-Cut-Doilies-Round-03 (freebie). I made the bow using Cassel's Bow script#2 and the stamp with Cassel's Date Stamp Script #5.

I made the clothespin following 2 tutorials: Creative Scrap>Fasteners>Clothespin and Creative Scrap>Textures>Acrylic.

Hello Cristina, love what you have created using the celestial colour .... did you make the stitched frames ? the extra colours on the page is so effective and your layout looks  great ...... love it ...   well done!

best of wishes,

Dawn.

Hi Dawn and Michele, thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement... They are always appreciated! <3

Dawn, yes, I made the stitched frames. They were supposed to have a leather texture and stitching, but somehow along the way of choosing the colors for the frames, I forgot to add the leather texture.

For the stitching, I used Cassel's "Stitching with Fonts" technique... easy and fast... I was tired and just wanted to finish the layout... That's why I kept the same color of the stitching for all the frames.

hello Cristina, you did a lovely work on those frames with Cassels stitching fonts technique ... i  quite often use  Cassel's  Stitching fonts  as they are great to have .. either way with or without the leather texture they look great...  your arrangement of them really caught my eye.....

best of wishes to you,

Dawn.

Hello Scrapbook Campus Friends.  This is probably pushing boundaries but I wanted to post something for the color challenge.  I love playing around with PSP and Animation Shop so this is a little blinkie based around and including #97b3d0.  Thanks for takin a peek.

Awe, Annie that is cute. It is a gif file? Someone was mentioning that video files didn't upload, so that is why I assume it is a gif.

Peggy, that card is wonderful. You should add that to your store!

Trish are you going to use those as cards?

Cristina, looking at your layout, I was thinking that the clothespin looked familiar. It is a great fastener but not too commonly used.

Sharon, now you just have to add yourself under the umbrella!

Mary, you will have a chance to use those fireworks on July 4th!

Awe, Annie that is cute. It is a gif file? Someone was mentioning that video files didn't upload, so that is why I assume it is a gif.

Peggy, that card is wonderful. You should add that to your store!

Trish are you going to use those as cards?

Cristina, looking at your layout, I was thinking that the clothespin looked familiar. It is a great fastener but not too commonly used.

Sharon, now you just have to add yourself under the umbrella!

Mary, you will have a chance to use those fireworks on July 4th!