Publish It Challenge - 2019

Cassel

Patti - The little lock icon is at the top of the Layers Palette. Carole pointed it out in one of the tutorials I watched.  I didn't even know it was there before she demonstrated the cleverness of locking the transparency.

Here's my Day 5 project. I'm getting much more comfortable with working with templates. They are a really wonderful starting point.

Wanda, if you click on the image it opens up so you can read it.  I tried 3 times to upload the individual files and each time it looked right until it posted, then the gremlins swapped them around.  I'll try what you said if we have another 2 page spread, thanks.

Before posting page 6, i relised I forgot something in had gone from jpeg to png the reduce to 600, so at that point i expected it ti be flat even though saved as visible. so as I tried to add the churns, expecting them to go on top of wwhat I thought was one layer it slid under. on checking I could still see all the layers. Has anyone else had this happen.

Okay, today's lesson started out as pure frustration. The flood fill step just wasn't working! After trying it three times, I looked to see what other settings might be interfering with my efforts, and I discovered that I had my blend mode set to "darken," which the white wouldn't do, of course. When I changed it to "normal," all worked as expected - hooray! Then I had to play around with the size and placement of the photos so the actual arches weren't 'interrupted', but at least I knew that my skills were up to that challenge.

I am learning so much! Thank you all for sharing your talents.

This was a great exercise to learn how to combine masks.  I followed through but didn't have a photo that I could use, so started again and just combined the bottom two masks.   Then I felt I didn't have enough images to tell the story so took the liberty of adding another small one.