Publish It Challenge - 2019

Cassel

Publish it Day 7 - Double page

Pink Elephant Antiques at Livingston, Illinois

I really enjoyed this challenge and believe I will continue to tweak my project and publish it. I have done this in the past but used Picaboo's templates. They always come out beautiful but it will be nice to see my own creation. Thanks Cassel for all the great information.

Patti, typically, once you add your photo in the correct layer, you need to use the Pick tool to move it. If you try to use the Move tool, it will move the whole mask group, which just won't work. Is that what was happening?

Patti, when you want to select a photo that is in a group, you would have to select the layer itself in the Layers palette as otherwise, clicking on the "photo" on your project will activate the top layer, which will be the mask itself. So check the Layers palette, and scroll until you get to the layer where your photo is. Then, with the Pick tool active, it should allow you to move/resize it.

Day 8.  Hi Scrapbook Campers.  I decided to stick with white for the background of my magazine article as it provided a stark contrast for the photos I have used.  I loved this challenge, the simplicity of it for such effective results, as you would expect for a quality magazine.  If I could improve anything it would be my own journaling but, for now, I shall let the pictures tell the story!  Thanks for takin a peek.

Need help with day 7.  I have my first mask layer created with no problems.  When I add a raster layer and flood fill it with grey, it is not filling in the area where there is a window in the mask group below.  I have attached a screen shot below.  I have tried it twice.  Thanks.

Barb, if you click on the little tiny arrow on the left of the second layer, that is where you will see the mask group. From your screenshot, it looks like the mask group is not "open" to display the layers inside.

I changed Day 3, same background as in Day 2, changed the position of the title, the font color, then "more options" stroke width and space between the lines. Thanks Carole, I used the values from your screenshot, miter limit and leading (2,00 and -0,300).

I would have used the background of Day 1. Unfortunately I didn't save the gradient. I am still unable to find the values again. When I open the file I can't see the gradient in the material palette .... May be someone knows to find values again?

I had one long post with feedback on most projects that I posted a couple of days ago, but I cannot find it, so I apologize for being seemingly absent. I had responded to everyone. I still look at EVERY post. Let's see if I can repeat my previous post plus add for the more posts uploaded afterward.

Shutterpixi, even if you started later, it is fine. It is not a contest or a speed test. The text with the hanging Y does make the title really part of the overall page. I like that.

Jean, those birds are great. Did you take those photos? That double page looks great. Imagine that on a double page spread on a printed version of the magazine!

Annie, you just pick suh beautiful photos (although let's admit it, those photos at Unsplash are usually fantastic!). That one photo of flowers in the desert is quite impressive.

Lynda, I feel like going RVing with you!

Trish, the frame around the title of the cover page really does fit very well. Using a map for a background paper is just brilliant for your theme. The collage is absolutely ok. It is your magazine! And no, there is no single winner. If there were, it would have to be randomly picked as everyone has posted something unique.

Sue, are those your gardens? That collage you did looked familiar :) Glad to see that the techniques from one class is reused in another project.

Barb, if you had not put that mention (somebody is watching) I probably would not have looked as closely. Why not put something intriguing like that in the title or even as some text?

Wanda, those vertical slots are definitely more challenging but I find that you managed very well. Also, with such a creative cropping of the photos, they tend to attract attention. If you were really stuck and had only horizontal images, you could have rotated the templates too.

Mireille, bonne utilisation du texte en deux couleurs. Pour le vectoriel, le texte est toujours en vectoriel, donc aussitôt que tu utilises cet outil, un nouveau calque vectoriel sera créé. Tu n'as pas le choix.

Kim, what are those big red "boxes"?

Lyn, will you end up with a magazine about buildings? You can always go back and change the cover if you want.

Alicia, that yellow background really reminds me of the National Geographics. Interestingly, I have one copy on my desk and yes, I see that yellow! For the Flood Fill (or any other tool), there are often so many settings that I don't think of listing them all as typically, I would use the default, yet, occasionally one setting could be accidentally changed and cause headaches like yours. I think I might have enoug examples to write a blog post about such unexpected settings that mess up tools!

Sharon C., the important part is what it looks like to YOU, on YOUR computer. We certainly cannot have such big pages in the forum as it would take so much time to load the pages! We have a great overview nevertheless. Your garden looks wonderful. How long did it take you to build it all?

Marisia, if you want to showcase your tags without turning our heads, you can rotate the templates.

Sharon W. just like I mentioned to Wanda, creatively cropped photos vertically is visually more intriguing and adds interest to a page.

Patti, I like the background papers you used. It matchs the theme very well.

Marlene, we got to visit that place with you. I didn't even know it existed.

Cristina, using Pic-to-Painting makes for a fantastic cover page.

Barbara, I love your creativity in using those staples! great idea.

Bonnie, even if the email series is over, the thread will stay open and you can post your projects. How did your team do at the games?

Libera, nature is an unending source of inspiration when we take the time to look at it. For the gradient, if you used it recently, you should be able to retrieve it by right-clicking on the "larger" swatches, unless you were using the Foreground-background gradient, in which case, it would not keep the actual colors.

Thank you Carole. The gardens are photos I've taken in the past week  in the local village, not far from  where I was raised.  The flower collage, are flowers I've taken in the past week too, I  used the template I created from the no kt 3 masterclass.  I've done insects, animals and now Roses.   Really  enjoyed the challenged, I don't know what I was expecting, but to focus on masks was a good choice on your part. Thank you all the time and effort that went into the challenge.

Thanks Carole for the infos, I did this gradient for the first time creating Day 1 on sunday. I tried the way you described it, but apparently no way to retrieve the infos about it.

I tried now something else to get the gradient and use it again. I opened the file Day 1, clicked on the pick tool, then on the background layer with the gradient, made control + c, opened a new empty file, control + v and saved it as new pspimage. Now I will try to save it as a preset ....

I take the time every day to look at nature and around me, that is why I called the magazine "daily discoveries" :-)!

Carole comment je fais pour enlever mon texte en vectoriel - je voudrais le remettre à flottant car j'ai moins de problème ainsi

Même si l'outil est à flottant, en cliquant sur ma page avec l'outil texte, j'ai un calque vectoriel

Je te mets aussi ma barre de configuration outil Texte

J'ai fait mon template de la leçon 7 avec mes fleurs sauvages

Jnet, le "calque" vectoriel devrait disparaître une fois que tu auras appliqué le texte et il deviendra flottant. As-tu essayé ça? Par contre, tu sais que ton texte ne sera plus éditable s'il n'est pas vectoriel!