DIAMOND Scrap Challenge - April 2019

Cassel

Day 4 with wood tiles added and a different background color.   I saved the first wood tile after adding the letter but before adding the outer bevel, and used that as a starting point for all subsequent tiles to reduce the amount of rework (I left the previous letter in place but lowered the opacity of that layer to help in placement of each new letter, then deleted the previous letter layer).

Teri your doily looks fantastic! I didn't have much luck with the doily test. I could create the pattern but I got lost in the layers and selections. I did manage to create a lacy looking circle. I tried twice but I'm no closer than I was. My mule and rooster said they didn't mind so it's not a total loss. Here's an example of what I did create.

J'ai aimé faire la dentelle.   Certains points chevauchaient d'autres (ceux sur les lignes).  Peux-tu me dire Carole, ce qu'il faut faire pour qu'il n'y ait pas de chevauchement.  J'ai aussi aimé faire les lettres.  Je me suis aperçue trop tard que mon chiffre pour les points étaient trop bas.

<span style="vertical-align: inherit;"><span style="vertical-align: inherit;">Carole, j'ai perdu des mots dans mon message ... ce qu'il faut faire ...... trop tard que mes chiffres étaient trop bas</span></span>

Pourquoi je perds des mots lorsque je clique sur soumettre?

Hello Scrapbook Campers.  This is my result so far.  This doily would not be applicable for other work but it fits the bill here so I am happy enough with that.  Thanks for takin a peek.  Great work coming through, keep up the good work campers!  <3

Day 5 - I made a doily, but it didn't really fit with my "Wild" theme, so I flood filled it with a pattern of a lizard (close-up) from a picture I took of one on our porch.  Not sure if the doily will stay in my challenge image, but included it for now.   I've also shown what my doily looks like without the lizard.

Enjoy seeing everyone's posts!

Deana, with those three versions, you can see how versatile a single tile can be! You can change the scale, change the color, even change the angle!

Teri, if you want the picture of Tucker to be "painted" on, you can use that layer instead of a paint layer so that once you have created the "scratches" (in black and white), you can delete parts of that picture. Of course, you need to make sure not to remove too much.

Sharon, is it possible you forgot to invert the selection to create your doily? It looks like you kept the holes instead of the paper. Very nice design though. Use those holes and add a paper.

Jnet, il faut éviter de toucher la ligne de démarcation pour que les trous ne se chevauchent pas. Si tu touches la ligne, il faut que ce soit bien centré et avec une forme symmétrique (comme un cercle). (Et aucune idée pourquoi des mots se perdent; peux-tu juste éditer le post quand tu remarques cela?)

Translation: in order to avoid any overlapping of the designs in the doilies, you have to make sure you don't touch the lines when you create the design. If you need or want to touch the line, it has to be with a symmetrical shape (like a circle) and perfectly centered on it.

Shutterpixi, maybe the initial doily could be colorized in a green tint to blend in too? If it is a solid color, the details will show up more than with a pattern.

Hi Cassel! Nice to be with y'all again! I know I may have registered late, but I am missing the first day's email. The lesson looks interesting from checking out the forum. If it's not too much trouble could you send that email to me again? I would appreciate it.

This is the layout I am working on (until day 4)... The template I used is from the Lab6-Module 03... Instead of wood, I made the tiles of acrylic (Creative Scrap>Texture>Acrylic)... I added some adhesive tapes (Cassel's Adhesive Tape Script).

Dear Annie, thank you so much for your kind comment. <3 ... I don't think that your work tends to the serious side, and I have seen quite a few... I love your layout with Cubit... I even thought that he looks like a lord in this photo! ...I love it! I am sure he left wonderful memories. <3

And I also don't have any grandchildren as we don't have children. :)

Day 6 - I used a leopard print for my ribbon pattern.  It seems to go well with my theme!

Cassel - Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried a lot of different solid colors with the doily but never felt like any were right for it.  After adding the leopard print ribbon under my tiles, it seems to complement the lizard doily, which is starting to grow on me :-)

I am so impressed with all these projects! Everyone has a completely different compilation of the various elements. All of you are so inspiring. I even managed to create a scalloped ribbon and I only had to watch the video twice. Here's my Day 6 progress (minus the doily). I'm going to revisit that tonight. I did incorporate a chicken wire tube that Carole made. I thought it would fit mine better than the doily.