Scrap Bootcamp - March 2019

Cassel

I must say again what wonderful work everyone has done, the pages are a joy to view.

Well, I have completed my Day 7 project.  The photo is of my daughter, Simone, and was taken by webcam so is not the best of quality but it does show the inner beauty of a very caring individual.  Simone has Turner's Syndrome but, fortunately, escaped some of the major afflictions associated with it.  She is a very intelligent woman and after securing a degree in psychology decided to become a carer for the mentally and physically disabled.  Of course, her mama is very proud, :)  The scrap kit used is "Mysterious Blue" by Marzena ... a little different but I really like it.  Thanks for takin a peek.

@Jean.  I think you did a really beautiful job on the Day 5 project.  Bella is gorgeous and Alfie is too.  It takes a long time to develop the confidence to make a scrapbook page using papers and elements that you created yourself but we all eventually get there.  I have heaps of papers and elements that I have created myself but, probably more often than not, I use freebie kits or kits I have purchased for the very reason I have them ... because I love them.  <3

Day 6 Finally got to upload No internet for 2 days. Traveling New Zealand in motorhome (RV for those in America) so sometimes dont have connection. At least I can still play :-)

My grandsons Caleb & Mason Used the free kit Tranquility Thank you & a couple of extra elements. Only thing I couldn't figure out was how to go back to change the color of the photo borders later on

WOW there is such creativeness here with fantastic pages.

Anne Tobin Love your outback page & Your daughter sounds like an awesome person

@Annie Tobin, thank you for your lovely words and encouragement.  I've had a great time during the Boot Camp, hopefully I'll get lots of time to continue with it.  I've loved everyone's pages too, it's amazing how everyone creates something different using the same tools.

Day 7, and while I've just basically copied the layout, I think I have used what we have learnt today.  I know I have learnt heaps this week.  I am "in to" Family History, and that seems to go hand in hand with scrapbooking, so now I'm planing on using my new skills to create some layouts to get printed into a book for the family.  Thanks Cassel, I've had a ball.

Day 6.  This one was a bit tougher for me to do.  I will defintely be  practicing on doing selections and the magic wand tools.  They are neat tools, but been hard for me to figure out.  Cassel makes it look so easy.  Still loving the control y for the shadows.  Doing shadows is not tedious anymore.  Thanks to Cassel  they are easy and fun!  :)

I used the freebie kit Tranquility by Kim B and Beautiful Mess scatters by ETC.

The pics in my LO are at Princess Lodge in Copper River, AK.  We have spent long weekends there is past years.  The main attraction there are the Wrangell Range. On this visit, we were resigned that we were not going to see the mountains.  Our second day at the lodge, after we ate supper, there they were in all their glory.  We went out to enjoy them and take pics and when I turned around, there they were in the reflection of the windows.  The flowers were beautiful, but the mountains made it even more beautiful.

To Vicky Holden:  Just saw that you were traveling through New Zealand.  Don't know if that's your home or you're a visitor.  In any case, I wanted to express my great sadness at the horror that took place there--we in America have experienced so  many similar tragedies but it seems, to me, somehow worse happening in a such a peaceful country.  .

Barbara Hall

Here is my last project--it's not the one I wanted to submit, but my computer is unhappy with me right now and is just about to shut down so I thought I better send something before it quits completely.

Later:  I think my computer is feeling better.  I've attached the other page I was doing.  The embellishments are from pixelscrapper.com.

To Barbara Hall : I live in New Zealand. It was quiet unbelievable that that something so horrendous could happen in our beautiful friendly country. I first heard someone talking about it & was wondering where it was So So shocked when I found out. Thankfully it was only one person & he was caught.

We have enjoyed out trips to America & found such friendly people there

Thanks Vicky for your kind words regards my pages. Simone is a treat and I love her to bits. I love the job you did on Sleepy Time, and Caleb and Mason look like little darlings but I expect they have their moments of devilry, :) The tribute you did for your friend Diana is truly gorgeous and I expect she is smiling down on it. Some go too young and some live too long ... go figure! <3

Day 7 Project

I had a lot of trouble saving this project. I don't know what the problem was so I reinstalled PSPro 2019 Ultimate and I got the same problem. I had to do the project all over again but I was finally able to save it and reduce it. I was not able to save it with the layers intact.

If you have any insight please let me know.

Thanks