March Theme Challenge - SEWING

Cassel

Sewing

Did you ever do any sewing, for yourself, for your kids or for someone else? Do you have children or grandchildren interested in sewing? or fascinated by all needlecrafts?

Create a layout about your sewing adventures.

Show off your PSP skills and maybe your sewing skills at the same time!

I am going first here. When the kids were younger (and I didn't really have much to do on the computer), I loved to sew. I still love it but I don't have as much time. For 14 years, I did all the kids Halloween costumes (and a couple for myself and my husband). Here is one layout I did as part of my Alphabet book that illustrates some of those costumes:

h.jpg

Everything on this page was made from scratch.

At one point, I had over 40 costumes at home. I started trying to rent them but in a way, I didn't have a big enough selection to make it a viable option. I lent them to a lady I knew who had hundreds of costumes and I would get $5 for each of my costumes she rented. It ended up that she moved away and I never saw them again. Sad in a way, but they likely would have just gathered dust in a closet anyway. It is nice for memory but that would have taken too much space.

Great work.   Our youngest daughter wanted her bathroom to be yellow.   We could not find yellow shower curtains so I said I would make them.   Well, I folded the material in half and I ended up with 11 holes not the regular 12.   But, the funniest was, I did not notice it until I hung them up.   I had one extra hook, I thought that was great in case one broke.   Then I did a bit more looking and realized what I had done.

Thank you for the comments.   Annie and Cassel your pages are very inspiring.   I really enjoy looking at the work of other scrapbookers.

My mom was a seamstress and she taught me how to sew.  I then taught my daughter how to sew.

My daughter and I sewed my granddaughter 12 pairs of PJs.   I took a girl from the kit LLiella PJ Kids.  With the freehand tool, point to point, I went around her body, arms and legs and filled with actual pictures of the fabric we used for the  PJs we made.   I added a bevel to make it more realistic.  Then I selected the hair bows and slippers and changed the color.   I used cass-ColoredEdge for the red around the edge.   I used a quilt paper.  It sure took a long time to finish, but overall I was pleased.