Scrap Bootcamp - January 2019

Cassel

Homework-Day 7

Things went smoother this go-round, until I resized and saved my 600 pixel .jpg. At that point, the mat journaling did not save. It remains on the full size saved file, so I did not keep at it tonight.

I was not able to download the suggested scrapkit, file refused to download, so I reverted to my very old digital scrap stash and used one named Crispblue. I used a frame from another kit and colored it to match my papers.

Cassel, I have a question about coloring a black and white digital image.  I have some rubber stamps that I use to make cards.  I was thinking of stamping the images, then scanning them into my computer to use as elements on scrapbook pages.  Was wondering what the best way is to digitally color them in PSP.  I want to fill them with patterns and solid colors.  Is using the magic wand tool the only way or is there a better way to do the coloring for a more professional looking result?  (In the past when I have used the magic wand tool in Photoshop Elements to color a image, I get a small white line showing in between the color fill and the black outline when I print the colored images.)

Day 7

I had no idea what to do for this layout. As I looked through my scrapbooking folders, I was inspired by these papers from Sparkles by MdW. Then I hunted around for other elements to go with the papers. The flower is from OklahomaDawn, the brad from MarisaL at pixelscrapper, and the frame from Gonda Klees-Mueller also at pixelscrapper.

Even though I'm a Diamond Member here at the campus and I've read both of Cassel's books, I still learned so much from the bootcamp. I plan on watching the tutorials again to reinforce all the new things.

~ Michele

I am a little behind but I think I have completed my homework - Yeah!

Here is my Day 6 Homework.

I really enjoyed it but I will make you all laugh at how silly I can be. I sat and watched the video and then promptly did the pinking shears cut line the hard way doing one bit at a time! Then I remember I could do it the easy way!!!

Here is my page, it is my Granddaughter who has lost loads of wait and she loves the Gym now so I love this page as it shows how far she has come. Sorry I can't find the kit I used to make up this page.

So this morning I got to it and managed to get my Day 7 Homework completed and I have to say I'm a little sad that it is completed as I have so enjoyed this boot-camp. Thank you so much Carole, you are such a wonderful teacher and I have learnt so much from this boot-camp. I shall go looking through the site now and see if there are any more classes like these which I can do.

This page is of my Granddaughter, Victoria's partner who is a weightlifter and won an award at a bit competition.

I love how this page turned out for me.

@Dee347, there are some easy ways to color those black and white elements. Once they are scanned, you want to remove the white completely. The Magic Wand might work but you will get a much better result with these steps:

Select All (Ctrl-A)

Selections > Modify > Select Color Range. Set it to Subtract, and select the color White. Everything not white should now be selected.

Invert the selection with Selections > Invert (or Ctrl-Shift-i)

Delete and deselect.

Save it as a png image so you can use it and reuse it over and over again. Now, you are ready to colorize it any way you want. I have a tutorial here to help:

https://scrapbookcampus.com/2017/01/how-to-paint-wordart-elements/

I didn't add any of my pictures to this one because I wanted to play with the elements. Enjoying using the pinking shears effect (cutouts in scrapbook lingo) and played around with varying the shadow size to emphasize some elements. I also changed the colors of the text I entered near the bottom. Use the dropper to get matching shades with some of the colors in the backgrounds.

Day 6 and I've learned a lot - Thanks Carole!

I must say though I'm spending more time looking through pictures than actually doing the homework.  I guess I'm easily distracted.

I will endeavor to do day 7 later...football is calling...

Here is my Day 6 Layout #4

I used a free mini kit from Di Hiller - "Summer Lovin' " - June 2017 Pixel Scrapper Blog Train

Alpha: "Simpatico" from Allison Pennington (Lilypad); sun clipart "Summer Clipart" freebie from Corel.

Fonts: Berlin Sans FB Demi & Callme Script

Hi everyone! Boot Camp #6 was definitely a challenge for me and I'm so glad that I didn't give up. The result (while not as pretty as most of your pages) was worth me hanging in there just to learn a few additional techniques. Thank you Carole and Sue for your help!

I had trouble with this project getting the Select Selection Borders to work. I tried several times following the instructions on the Day 6 video but I eventually figured it out. I was forgetting to select the photo early with the magic wand. Anyway the border in this image is just an added white rectangle. I'll try it again in the next project.

I'm learning a lot about Paintshop Pro in the process. Thanks.

Well I knew I did this Bootcamp for a reason!  Always something to learn and that 'pinking shears' manouver is BRILLIANT.

I did find though that having the size at 100 it was a very small serrated edge so I changed it up to 200 and wallah..... looked perfect.

Again my grandson Axl...... always busy learning, playing and pretending...... he is a busy little bee so perfect subject for this one.