Up-to-Date Challenge 2018

Cassel

I bought the BenVista PhotoZoom years ago after getting the sample inside one of the PSP that had it was packaged with it. I updated to the Pro a couple of generations ago when it came out and have 7 now. It is very good at moderate zooming of images and excellent for smaller changes. I use it to make book covers taken from jpegs the authors send in on one of my freelance jobs. Been a lifesaver.

Was wondering if anyone else is using it or might want to look into. They have a free trial and 2 versions so a wide pricing berth. I am doing the upgrade price of course So pro for me has been around the cost of the lighter version.

I am thinking of saving for the Topaz AI Gigabyte down the road. Is anyone using this yet and how do you feel about it? It is a pro-style that can do huge enlargements.

Lynn, I downloaded the trials for both and used a photo of my brother from when he was in the Marines in 1962.  I did not see enough of a difference to warrant the purchase of the programs, but it was fun playing!  I don't do enough scrapbooking these days with my grandson being 11 to make purchasing additional programs worth it.

Thank you for letting us know about these programs!

Hugs,

DeLoris

I don't know how you did them, but you did a great job. How do you use them? they are meant to be used as erasers, so activate the Eraser tool, adjust the size and simply align them where you want to punch them out. Are you doing that differently?

Here's my January Page.  It is of my baby Heidi.  I'm not a photographer and I don't have a flower garden, so my calender's pages are things that have happened with my family and I this year.  I don't have much chance anymore to take pictures of my grandson, so some of my pages will be things I have done at home.  Not much interest to anyone but me, so I won't be sharing them all.  But, I will have it printed when it is complete.  I am enjoying making every page and learning the little additions Carole is teaching us.

Hugs,

DeLoris

Here's my November page.  Both my daughters were here for Thanksgiving and my youngest daughter Heather brought her cat Mama.  I caught her laying on the top of one of my pillows and had to get this pose!  I used Snickerdoodle Designs This Is Me November to make it.

I hope everyone in the US had a great Thanksgiving!  We had a wonderful time!

Hugs,

DeLoris

Cristina, Thank you!  You will never see another cat like Mama.  She likes to ride in cars, she will walk with you and stay along side you without a leash.  She has a healing presence about her that makes you feel at peace when you hold her.  Her down side is she doesn't play with other cats.  Her and Heidi do not get along at all.  They hiss a lot, but do not fight.

Hugs,

DeLoris

Here is the 2019 calendar of our dog Hawkeye.  He is a great favorite of the neighborhood, and has numerous dog buddies who come by to visit him during the day.  This calendar will make a nice gift for his many friends, both canine and human.  Thank you, Carole, for this fun challenge, and thanks to DeLoris as well for the calendar preview template!

The font used is Hair of the Dog (appropriate, n'est pas?).

Here's May and July.

I have long loved the photo on the May page but this is the first time I have been able to use it, all due to a trick Carole showed in another lesson for isolating the main figure and adding depth of field to the photo via Gaussian Blur on the background.  I was so pleased that it worked -- thank you for the idea, Carole!

All the decorative elements on my calendar pages are from various contributors at Pixelscrapper, a superb resource suggested by Carole.