September Theme Challenge - GRANDPARENTS

Cassel

I wasn't going to post this one as the truth can sometimes be cruel but I created it for personal reasons and then decided to post it because it IS the truth!  :)  Not all grandparent relationships are happy stories and some are far worse than mine.  I wasn't going to pretty the story up because that would be telling a lie and I did learn a lot from mum's parents.  Thanks for takin a peek!

Annie, you are quite correct. All people and relationships are not always rosy, and to think that is the case, is misleading ourselves. Yet, the story is what it is. Facts are facts. And even bad stories can still have their place in history (even if sometimes, we would rather forget it). At least, your story is safe in this layout as it is small enough to be hard to read.

My maternal grandparents.  I tried to make my page look "old" by keeping everything brownish.   I used Cassel's Grungy edge to make the grunge effect around the edge of the paper.   I found newspaper and lighted the opacity and erased some of the typing.   I found a tag I liked and made a template out of it.   This was a great challenge, I had to go to other family members to get the pictures.   I have not yet received any of my paternal grandparents.