Travel Tale Challenge 2018

Cassel

Hi everyone,

There are some great looking pages here! I am completely new to this and am currently learning PSP. We will see how it goes. I see there are other new people too as well as a community of very talented and knowledgeable people as well! I'm looking forward to the journey.

Rosie

We will be excited to see your pages and how you progress in your journey.  If you have any questions, just ask.  There are some really knowledgeable and generous people here!  Sheila helped me last night with a question I had.  I've been in PSP since 2000 and I am still learning.

Enjoy your trip!

Hugs,

DeLoris

Rosie the colors in your page are very catchy

Anja love the footprints

<span style="color: #000000; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400; background-color: #fbfbfb;">DeLoris great use of the bricks and tag</span>

Here is my day 4.   I did a tag similar to the color of the frames.  I took the golf clubs and ball, from a purchased kit, and put on the tag.  I originally filled it with black but it did not look good.   So moved the color layer below the cutout layer the I changed the opacity on this layer to 57.   Liked it much better.  I went on the internet and got the logo for Riptide Lagoon.  Placed drop shadows per Cassel's guidelines.

I love seeing everyone's creations!  Thank you for the kind words of encouragement to all.

DeLoris, your layout really captures the cell block spirit of Alcatraz.  I visited Alcatraz many years ago when there were still US govt-guided tours.  One thing that stood out for me was the prison menu posted on a big black felt board with white plastic letters on the way into the cells: turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, buttered peas and carrots, fresh buttered rolls, coffee, tea, milk, orange juice, pumpkin pie with whipped cream (and it was not a holiday menu) -- they put out a nice spread for the prisoners which was calculated to quell mutiny.  I found that of interest.

Here's my Day 3.  I struggled with getting the option for reverse path to appear (it was greyed out almost every time I tried it) but once I got it I was able to finally finish the postmark.  I plan on getting good use out of that postmark too since it took me so long to create it!

I am still using Elif Sahin's "Heatwave" papers and elements from Pixelscrapper.  The two Tahitian stamps with the Chapeaux en Polynesie were scanned from an old postcard mailed during this trip.