What are you working on (in August)?

Cassel

This is another layout I started a long time ago and only now had the inspiration to finish it but with different photos, papers etc...

I used Cassel's template from the 2016 Calendar Challenge Day11.

I used Cassel's Rope Picture Tube to frame the photos... Papers: Harper Finch (in the woods); Palvinka (We love summer) and Public Scrap (Escale Estivale)...The circular frame with stickers elements was made inspired by Cassel's Quick Page Day11 also from this Challenge. All the elements are from DiHiller (2018 Jun Pixel Scrapper Blog Train "Oh, the places you'll go and "June Bits and Pieces".

Fonts: Bellatrix and Courtney

Hi, dear Dawn :) Thank you so much for commenting on my layout! <3... I posted the page yesterday and today I corrected the title and tweak a little bit, different font etc :D ... Now, let's see if I can come up with something for the Word challenge, and the for Travel Tale that starts tomorrow.

Best wishes

Here's a birthday card I made for one of my group members last night. I was inspired by a portion of Cassel's No Scrap Kit class. However, I used a different method. I created a rectangle above the background. Then I created a layer of text. Using the magic wand, I selected the text, hid the text layer, activated the rectangle layer and hit delete so the background would show through. On new layers I added white cutout effects to lighten up the "text" edges. Finally, I selected and copied the blue flower from the background and moved it to the top. After a couple of hours of trying different methods to achieve what I wanted, I was pretty happy with the results.

I always end up making their cards on the day of so I have no time to plan. After reviewing their FB pages, I pick something I think they will like and try to get inspired. Wish I had more time, but every now and then I make one I'm particularly proud of. The original background really made the project pop.

~ Michele

Michele, this card is just terrific! I love everything about it... the black background and the bright colors... And for sure you don't need much time to create amazing layouts :)

Dear, Dawn, like Michele I would love to see your cards or any layout when you feel better. Take all the time you need, we will be here waiting for you. Be well. <3

• 2 weeks later...

Having fun with clipart, shadows, highlights, etc. I did not do the backgrounds for the dance floors; I would never have the time to do that and still meet my deadline for the day. The font is a new one I got as a freebie from 1001Fonts, called Popular Cafe. It's a nice fat font with some style. I was able to select the stroke color so I could apply an inner bevel to match the outlines around each pic. The little figures in the corners are from the game. Hope you enjoy.

~Michele

P.S. It's GREAT to have the campus open again.

My grandson Danny spent the night with me Saturday night.  Now that he is 11, there isn't much chance of him doing it.  He has his own room, but wanted to sleep on the couch.  I took these pictures while he was sleeping.   I made this page for my yearly book and used Kimeric Kreations "For The Love Of Summer" to make it.  I don't think you can purchase her kits any longer since the Digi Chick closed and she has passed away.  I will miss her amazing talent!

Danny also left me a bug and I feel really bad.  My throat and chest hurts.  He didn't go to school yesterday and his mom is sick too.  Ya gotta love when school 1st starts!

Doris, nice layout to your yearly book. Get well soon!

Cassel, about the Digi Chicks site being closed, I only know that Palvinka now has her designs in two different stores: Pickeberrypop.com and Oscraps.com. I am not familiar with the other designers, names or where they are now.