Double Take Challenge 2018

Cassel

Jan, I love your Australian bird pictures! They work perfectly with the Day 1 template.

Sheila, your flower photos are beautiful and also work very well with the template.  I'm glad I looked at the enlarged versions of your pages because the stitching on the photos is a very nice touch.

My photos did not work so well with the layout, being more landscape-oriented, but I gave it a try anyway.

Here's my contribution; this is my first double page.  I learned a lot about masks with this project and became more comfortable using them.  This is also the first time I have used a layout template.  Thank you, Cassel, for the challenge!

I have a question please.  I am using PSP9...yes I know it is old but it is the one I love to use.  Do these same steps work with that version?  I am at a loss to find a pick tool.  Any help appreciated.

Day 2: This was a tough one because we are having thunderstorms and I have a huge sinus headache! I bought a cat tree for my Heidi and my 11 yr old grandson assembled it for me. Heidi loves her tree and sleeps in it most of the day.

I love what everyone is doing and I keep looking forward to seeing your new pages.

If you want templates, you can get tons here for free HERE

Hugs,

DeLoris

Finished my Day 1 Double Take page 2 with my Australian Bird Theme photos.  I have so many photos I have taken over the years of birds I see and have seen around my area, I stuck to the most familiar first.

Thanks for the comments.  I have looked at your work too and everyone is individually unique - very enjoyable.

For page two I have some baby Lorikeets who are so sweet when young, some Kookaburra young with a parent or Aunt, and a young Magpie, these babies are the racket makers when they beg for food from their parents.  Enjoy

Hi ... needing just a little help please. When I upload my image I have resized in psp down to 600 pixels as requested. This makes the image very small and not crystal clear. I have noticed that clicking on the link beside the pictures that others have posted it goes to another page where the images show up a beautiful size. Any tips for me with this as I have noticed that the text on my 2nd double take is barely recognizable. Thanks!

What wonderful work everyone is doing! I love your birds Jan, we don't get parrots in our garden, only a few Galahs, but we have been lucky enough to have a visit from a Wedgetailed Eagle and a Goshawk - unfortunately they don't hang around long enough for photos!

Annie your flowers were beautiful.

I struggled to think of something for this one, I have zoo photos but I didn't want to do the same as Cassel and the shape of the template was difficult for me. Then I remembered some of the interesting statues and other art work I have seen in my travels and came up with these 2 pages. I couldn't resist the "Loaded Dog" photo so changed the template to suit. The background colours were from the Snake Gully Emu, and I added a grass texture to the lighter one.

Annie, are you resizing the whole double page to 600 pixels or each individual one? If you are putting both together, try resizing to 1200 pixels instead. Also, I find that sometimes, it gives better results to save a full-size copy in jpg format and resize that jpg image instead of the pspimage. And if it still does not seem to give a good result, add a little sharpness with Adjust > Sharpen > Sharpen. Remember that you are going from 7200 pixels to 600 pixels, so there are some lost details.

Thanks Cassel. That is exactly what I was doing ... putting it all together in psp and then resizing to 600 pixels. I will resize to 1200 pixels for the next one and make sure it is properly sharpened. Loving the challenge, thank you. Hugs......Annie T

Very nice, Sheila! I like your use of repeating elements; that also ties the two pages together.

Here's my Day 3.  I have a lot of landscape-oriented photos for this project so I had to try a slightly different layout for the second page, a horizontal picture mask instead of a vertical one. I also discovered that when I used a regular photo for the background it wasn't wide enough to cover both pages with my tweaked layout so after much experimenting I swapped out another background photo which was shot in panorama format instead. Now I had more options when adjusting the background to show the best parts of the photo in the negative space.