Double Take Challenge 2018

Cassel

Here's my Day 04. I'm behind. I've had a death of a dear friend and I am going to Buffalo, NY next weekend for the Memorial Service. It's been a tough week, it was very sudden.

I did this one of Heidi my cat. She is a doll and if you look at the picture on the right side, you will see the heart on her side. I love that heart! That's why I adopted her!

Hugs,

DeLoris

Thanks Lyn, very much appreciate your comment. I didn't have any photos so snagged these from the web ... making sure there were no copyright laws infringed ... as you do!

Love your work Lyn and terrific photos. I have been inspired by all and have dragged out my little digital camera which I purchased about 10 yrs ago. It does take lovely pics but as I was working full time I never seemed to get much of a chance to put it to good use. Maybe now is that time, :)

Lovely work DeLoris and what a delightful cat marking, she was made to love. Very sorry to hear of your friends passing. It is a trial and none of the platitudes give comfort so I will simply wish you well with your healing grief. Hugs and Love......Annie T

Thank you Annie.  Heidi is a beautiful cat and the minute I saw that heart I knew she was the one for me!  Thank you also for your sympathies about my friend.  It was just sooo sudden and unexpected.  Her children are really struggling.  I'll feel better when I get to New York next week to be with them.

Hugs,

DeLoris

Thank you, Annie. I chuckled at your missing photo of and commentary about Izzy the kitty!

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, DeLoris. A good friend of ours also passed away recently and unexpectedly; the memorial service will be next Sunday.

Here's my Day 6 challenge completed.

Marie-Claire, I like how you've done it with one big photograph peeking through the slots, and a panoramic picture as the background/foreground.  I'll try that layout on a future project.

Cassel, I'm grateful to you for the Day 7 information about printing.  I don't have plans to print any of the Double Take pages yet, but was wondering how to print 12 pages of scrapbook photos made earlier this month as a gift for a friend who recently gave me a dollhouse.  All the photobook printing companies I'm familiar with have a minimum requirement of 20 pages.  But now I see I can purchase a regular 12"x12" scrapbook, have my individual pages printed and place them in that instead without any modifications.  It's good to know how to add margins for binding areas on future photobook pages; you have answered so many questions I had about that and exactly at the right time.  Thank you very much; I really enjoyed this challenge and learned a lot I'll use again and again!

CHallenge Day 6

Had a busy day today, but wanted to get this finished, It was one of those projects, that you keep changing till your happy with it, so it took me a while to complete and happy with the finished result.

This has been a wonderful challenge, many thanks to Cassel for doing it and lots of high fives to everyone who participated and showcased their many inspirational pages. Lyn Lou I love the way you have done the text with the flower border and the colours are beautiful.

My Day 6 is all about a visit to Coober Pedy on the way north in 2016. Australia has many gem fields: opals at Coober Pedy, Andamooka and Lightning Ridge; sapphires in Queensland and diamonds in Western Australia to name just a few. Coober Pedy is also famous for the underground dwellings known as "dugouts" which are surprisingly comfortable, particularly in the summer.

I have no plans to print these pages but thank you Cassel for the information on how to do it, always useful to know. I have learnt lots doing this challenge and look forward to the next one.

Thank you Marlene, this has also given me some other ideas for the next challenge. I love yours too, love the beautiful Opals. I have a friend in Australia and she travels around a lot for her job, she is a chef and works on sheep ranches feeding all the employees. I love hearing the unusual names of places in Australia far more interesting than our place names. So unusual living underground too.

Hello Everyone, just want to say each one of your pages are lovely.... As I registered late for this challenge and then had some Technical Difficulties in trying to post anything in the Forum I have decided to create some pages with Cassel's tutorials at a future time.

I have enjoyed viewing all of your wonderful projects... so again... to you all... Well Done!

Dawn.