Love Story Challenge

Cassel

here is my Day 2... Cassel I like the effect that this  technique can achieve... for my page I put the brush layer under the mask layer because I liked the effect better on my photo........ I made the plaid with one of your scripts.... looking forward to receiving Day 3.

Dawn.

@ Cheryl, it looks like the mask is not pure white (but very light grey), so SOME of the image is partly translucent, making the background show through. To fix that, activate the mask layer, and go to Adjust > Brightness and Contrast > Brightness and contrast and increase the contrast. That should turn the white really white.

Thank you Cassel, that worked. Not completely happy with this pic, but here it is. (I tried my best) Shortly after my grandson was born, my daughter and her infant son both underwent life saving surgeries. I'm so grateful that 5 years later I have them both in my life. She is my only child, as now Tanner is hers as well. I made the plaid background first and this was the only picture I could find of Tanner that matched the best. I did not receive Day 3 or 4's e-mails, but tonight received Day 5's. At the pace I'm going, perhaps that is a good thing! Lol! Thank you for your patience and help.

Day 04: This was a fun challenge in that I have never made my own mask before. Thank you Carole! My family is very small; 2 daughters (Marie & Heather), 1 grandson (Danny), 1 cat (Heidi) and 1 snuggle bug (Richard)! I have the most pictures of Danny & Heidi. The rest of this challenge will be of them. I used the Scrapbooking Studios February Collection for day 4. You can get the individual packs here: https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/collections/studio-store-collections/

Everyone is doing an amazing job and I love seeing all the different ways each day is done!

Hugs,

DeLoris

Day 05: Love Story (I've been calling it Valentines). I took this picture of Heidi yesterday. She was sitting so daintily looking out the window.

I like making my own masks, but honestly, I'd prefer a template. It's faster! LOL This was fun to do though.

I used Love Is by OohLaLa Scraps, but she is no longer in the store I bought it from. You can see her here: https://oohlalascraps.blogspot.com

I love my kitty! She is sooo much company and entertainment. I live alone and she is just purrfect!

Hugs,

DeLoris

@ Jnet, excellente question. Voici la réponse:

Assure-toi que le calque du masque est activé.

Layers > Load/Save Mask > Save Mask to Disk et donne-lui un nom

Maintenant, il sera dans ta liste de masques que tu peux utiliser plus tard.

Jnet asked how to save a mask that you have created and would like to reuse later. Here is how:

make sure the mask layer is active

go to Layers > Load/Save Mask > Save Mask to Disk and give it a meaningful name

Now, that mask will appear in the list of masks to be used later.

Thanks Jnet for the question.

@Leslie, if you place the paper completely BELOW the mask group, it should show below. Some reasons that a paper could show on top or through are:

maybe the paper layer is placed above the mask group; sometimes, you might have more than one mask groups, so it can be placed accidentally above one

maybe the paper is inside the mask group; make sure it does still appear if you "close" the mask group (with the little arrow on the left)

maybe the mask is not completely opaque, or one layer inside has an opacity layer below 100%, which will show the background paper through even if it is below.

Try those and see if it solved the issue.

Yup, the paper was not below ALL the mask layers.

Thank you, Cassel.

I have a true animal sanctuary near us, with peacocks and flamingos and a ton of other animals that cannot be released back into the wild.

I'm an animal lover, so it's perfect for me.

I made the paper from a part of the peacock.

Thanks again for your help.

Thank you, Cassel, you are right, just a bit of a shadow makes a big difference in being able to read the text! Also, here is my Day 5 page. We had an exchange student from Argentina staying with us. She went on a trip to California with other exchange students and got this picture of her looking out at the ocean with her Argentinian flag over her head. The paper is SP.com Festival Paper Sack and the heart is Monti.