Here we are

Cassel

Hello everyone.

For anyone who does not know me, I am Cassel, the Campus "director" and main "teacher". I hope you enjoy your visit and your stay around. Make yourself comfortable and don't hesitate to post questions, suggestions and participate in the various activities of the Campus.

I guess I will be the first one to reply.

My name is Else and live in central Alberta, Canada.  I have been using PSP since the version PSP 6 came out.  Love using it but never truly used it for scrapbooking only.  My main use is for editing photos but hope to really get down and start using it for scrapbooking as well.

• 1 year later...
My name is Carol Anne, and I'm from Minnesota in the U.S.  I have been using PSP since version 3.0 when it was owned by JASC, a local company.  I've used it mostly for my work as a technical writer to work with images.  I've started digitally scrapbooking in the last year, and I am ready to take a deeper dive into PSP.  I am currently on X6 with no plans to upgrade until I master X6.  I want to really know this program in the current state on my computer before I move on to enhancements.  I have an X6 book, and have purchased a few master classes.

• 11 months later...
Hi I am Jerrie.  I live in the USA.  I transitioned over to jasc psp from Print Artist working with them both together, mostly Print Artist. I mainly worked with computer crafts. I got interested in psp when I got involved with animated gifs and the animated gif program that came with psp. I again transitioned into sig tags and making stationary for incredimail.  That was many years ago and I actually got out of all of it probably 10 or 11 years ago.    My daughter recently bought me pspX8 for my birthday so here I am again.  I feel dumber than a rock because I am having to learn every thing (not that I knew that much to begin with haha)    So now I am on  a new adventure digital scrap booking.

Welcome Jerrie. You will find a lot of information on this site, and if you have question, you can always ask them in the forum.

PSPX8 is probably a big jump for you but it also holds great new tools!

See you around.

• 3 months later...

Hi, may name is Jan and I live in NSW Australia.   For many years, I used PhotoImpact as my graphic program but now have moved on to PSP fairly recently.   I got PSP X8, installed it, opened it and got dismayed at where to start - went back to PhotoImpact X3 in which I felt more comfortable.  I finally looked around the Web and found some basic tutorials and opened the program again and "fiddled" around.

One day I discovered Scrapbook Campus, so I registered and did some practicing with the information here.  I am nowhere comfortable in my ability so far, I think I forget more and learn something else but am getting better gradually.

I am not a scrap booker as such but want to learn more.   I use a program called PoserPro 2014 and wish to use PSP more proficiently in postwork for the images I create in Poser and to make textures from templates for some of the models you use in Poser.  I also like my Photography so would like to be more creative in that.

I have just updated PSP to X9 for I was having crashing issues with X8 on my Laptop and so far find it much more stable for me.

So G'day to you all and thanks.

Welcome to the Campus Jan.

Make yourself comfortable around. Even though the Campus has a lot of content and tutorials for scrapbooking, most of that information can easily be applied in other graphic projects.

Would you like to show us some of the projects you are working on? I think that many members are not familiar with Poser and would love to learn.

And if you have any question, don't hesitate to ask. Post in the forum or email me. We are always eager to help.

Cassel

Thank you for the welcome.   You asked for an example of a Poser image and using PSP for postwork.  I did this one for a card.

The girl, clothes hair and bike & flowers are Poser 3D models that I put together in Poser and rendered and saved as a .png then I added the background in PSP.   The models and elements to use in the Poser program (or the DAZ Studio similar program which is free) can be an expensive hobby and is addictive and rewarding.  I have been using it for years now.   As I said this image is just a quickie I had to show.

Hi Eileen, I don't think you have the right idea re Poser in that you do not use PSP to make the 3D models, that takes a modelling program to model them, then rigging them and other processes.   I don't do that, I purchase my models from one of the Stores, download them and install in Poser (that is the program I use).   However, some clothes for instance you can texture easy yourself in a graphic program from the template.   The model skin textures need more skill to look good.

PSP or Photoshop comes into it for post working your finished images, adding backgrounds or making one, and for or other elements you might wish to add..   It could be also used for making scrap book elements.

Poser is not free but the DAZ Studio program from DAZ 3D is.  They have heaps of models for sale to use in it but it is an expensive hobby.  Another good place to look to see what it is all about is HiveWire3D, the store, the forum and their image gallery of images done by members especially.

PSP or another graphic program is just one of things Poser or DAZ Studio artists need.   Hope this helps

Did you all know that Poser (the software) was originally invented to give artists a way to have models when live people weren't available?  The first figure were like the smooth wooden ones you can still find in art stores.  The idea was that the figures could be posed individually or in combination, without or without props, with or without shadows, with various lighting effects to give a reference for drawings or painting.  The figures were in the same proportions as an ideal human figure...the exaggerated heads and bodies came in later when fantasy figures became popular and Poser/Daz came into their own as an outlet for creativity (including the ability to do animations within the software).  There are free models available on Renderosity and some other places...not quite as much available as there used to be but a way to start if you can't afford to buy extras for Poser/Daz Studio.  I don't use Poser anymore but it is a very interesting program, and has gotten much more realistic over time.

Firstly welcome Jan. I have Poser 10 and the first lady I made was scary and not pretty to look at. I am not sure what I should be doing with it really so have uninstalled it for the time being. I also have the DVD to show you how to use it but have never got far with it because I fall asleep every time at the computer and come to with a stiff neck. Oh well it looks like i might have a cure for insomnia.

Sheila x

Hi Wendy and Sheila.   @ Wendy, I don't use DAZ Studio only PoserPro 2014 but texturing clothing (or props etc) is one of the things I wish to learn in the fact of adding lace, beading, trims - that sort of thing.  I know how to texture a template and add one of my texture tiles to it and I use a small prog called Stich Witch to do that, but it is the added touches I wish to get better at in PSP.  I have downloaded the latest DAZ Studio, but prefer Poser in which I am more familiar.

Sheila, the character models that come with the Poser program can look kind of ugly (out-of-the-box as we say)   That is where you need to purchase skins, morphs, clothes and hair for them from one of the Stores to make them look better, but that is where it can get expensive depending on your pocket lol  There is some free stuff around of course, but not as much as there once was and the stores do have forums for help.

Waves at Dianne who also used poser once.  Poser is up to version:  Poser Pro 2011 (this is the next one up from what I am using) and I agree Poser or DAZ Studio have become better over versions program wise.

• 1 month later...

Hi, my name is Helene from Quebec, Canada. I've been working with PSP since the version 7 and now I'm using X7.It's my first time participating in a forum and do not understand how it works, but I will learn.

Today, I write tutorials and play grandmother 3 days per week. I'm also a webmaster for one and on the other, I'm the owner with a friend and webmaster. I started digital scrapbooking 7 years ago and I love it. I rarely use personnal photos though.

So, with those occupations, I do not have much time to myself:(( but I will do my best to try and come see you all.

Thank you, Carole, for accepting me.

Helene

P.S. here is a sample of my creation

Hi Helene. Guess what? I am originally from Montreal! I lived there until i graduated, and then, i moved to NB for a job. That was 33 years ago!

Glad to see you in here. If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask. We have veteran members who can help you out.

Browse through the site, and enjoy!

Cassel

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks.

My name is Kenny and I live in Scotland. I use PSP X8 mainly for doing Greetings Card designs for my Wife Sandra and my Daughter Mandy who get together at our house every Tuesday evening. I also make texture sheets for my own hobby of Flight Simming. It's great fun and gives me lots of enjoyment.

I hope to learn some new PSP tricks and tips here. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Best Regards from Scotland...Kenny