NewBee Hello!

Mike Standing

Hi Carole & Other Members!

I watched your welcome video, thanks its very informative.  I have been looking around at the campus for a while, and I have finically decided to join.  I consider my self a Professional Amateur Photographer!  I love taking pictures of everything, from nature to people.  I shoot with a Nikon D5100 camera.  It might be time to upgrade that to.  After take the pictures, the delima is now what, what do I do with them now?  By the time it takes me to learn how to use Paint Shop, to do the  thing I want, I loose interest real quick.  I'd like to learn more about paint shop to edit my photos and make those beautiful projects that I see.  I have made a few in the past for a few projects. that's about it.  I'll attach the last one I made.

image.jpeg.0a5446f756048893033fc13ad44208ce.jpeg

• Like 3

Glad to see your newbee post! Welcome!!!

Not everyone is a scrapbooker in our community. We have a lot of avid photographers, and we have converted a few to scrapbooking as it turns out to be a great way to showcase your photo in a different way than just add a white border or a vignette effect. You might actually like to join our Calendar Workshop as it is a great way to show off photos that will be displayed for a whole year!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mike Standing said:

Hi Carole & Other Members!

I watched your welcome video, thanks its very informative.  I have been looking around at the campus for a while, and I have finically decided to join.  I consider my self a Professional Amateur Photographer!  I love taking pictures of everything, from nature to people.  I shoot with a Nikon D5100 camera.  It might be time to upgrade that to.  After take the pictures, the delima is now what, what do I do with them now?  By the time it takes me to learn how to use Paint Shop, to do the  thing I want, I loose interest real quick.  I'd like to learn more about paint shop to edit my photos and make those beautiful projects that I see.  I have made a few in the past for a few projects. that's about it.  I'll attach the last one I made.

image.jpeg.0a5446f756048893033fc13ad44208ce.jpeg

Welcome to The Campus, Mike. I'm always eager to see how other people take photos and display their work.

Welcome Mike, glad to have you in campus.  Looking forward to seeing your photos and the layouts you make from them.  The calendar workshop will be a fun one.  And if you want to start right at the beginning you can do the Bootcamp.  Normally it's run twice a year, and the forum for each one is very active and informative.  We just finished one, so the next one will be some time away.  But you can do it on your own by going to the main home page.  Look for the tabs across the top (just under your login information) on the right hand side of the screen.  Got to Classes>Beginner>Start here.  From there you will see the bootcamp, there is 5 steps and 5 projects.  You wont have to do steps 1 and 2 since you already have PSP installed, but I'd start at step 3 for sure to see how we set it up, then step 4 introduces the concept of layers, and step 5 starts with the first project.  Click on each project thumbnail to watch the video tutorial.  the only thing you wont be getting is the free supplies that go along with the bootcamp when it's running for everyone.  You can get supplies at Digitalscrapbook.com, if you sign up for a free membership you can get 5 free downloads (of a single item, not the complete kits) a day.  it should give you some supplies you would need to complete the tutorials.  

Hello Mike, Professional Amateur Photog! Looking forward to seeing your pix. We have a couple of picture-taking members whose work is always appreciated (Sue T & Susan E come to mind). It will be fun to have another male as part of the membership. Remember to have fun while you're learning the ins and outs of PSP, and to ask for help anytime.