12 Days of Christmas Challenge

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/12Days.jpg

First of all, come and say HI once you register for this challenge.

We want to know who else will be there, on our side to challenge us.

Every card we will be making will be different, based on each others’ supplies, and preferences but we can all get inspired by everyone’s projects.

Once the Challenge is started, on December 1st, you can post your projects in here.

You can post the "digital" version or print your cards and take a photo of it. Just make sure to resize the image before posting it.

Although these cards are expected to be used for Christmas, the templates are generic enough that you can use them for other reasons, whether it is for a birthday, a thank you card, a get well card, or any other occasion.

(if you missed the registration link or if you found this thread before I announce it, HERE it is)

Hi all!  I've registered for the 12 days of Christmas challenge.  I can't promise that I'll be able o all 12 days, but I shall do my very  best too.  Here are 2 cards, these I made last night. I created the cards and envelopes for scratch.  I also used techniques from the  Word Art 2 master class.

Thank you Cassel!  I'm only ahead, as the weather is awful here, cold and snowy.  I'm not one for the telly.  When I have spare time I like to while it away creating cards well in advance, so all I have to do closer the time is  make minor adjustments. It's always handy having spare cards at hand. Looking forward to the challenge.

I've completed Day 1's card and it was sooo much fun!  I used Nibbles Skribbles kit Christmas Sparkle.  That is my Christmas tree my girls decorated for me on Thanksgiving Day.

I am sooo looking forward to tomorrow!  I have my grandson for the weekend and I will just have to throw him off my computer to do Day 2-3!  LOL

Hugs,

DeLoris

Wow, quite a start to this challenge!

Welcome Rose, to the Campus. I hope you get inspired by what everyone is sharing in the forum.

I am curious to know: will you print your cards? I hope so, as they will be easier to mail, and it will probably put a smile on a letter carrier too, to see such unique letters!

My computer is in the shop with all my files and I am down with a stomach virus.  Not much to work with but I gave it a whirl.  I did not really understand much about the template either.  Hope to get my computer back and hopefully can do a much better job on the next ones.  I did not resize so hope that is OK.  I was thinking Facebook.

I was asked by a  very dear friend to make a Christmas card for him, using a photo of his now 6 month old puppy Rigbey.  I came up with this 3D card, which can be printed on  5x7 photo paper or greeting card.    The Poinsettia  frame is a font,  Frames and borders,  small case letter w,  using Bold with  the foreground colour gold, and background colour red. Using the magic wand to highlight the petals,  bevel tool.  Select none.  Select the  leaves, change colour to  green, and flood fill, then bevel.  I made the snow,  erasing the snow off  the dogs face.   I used the triangle shape to  create the  envelope and the back of the card, making sure the  gold borders were all the same  sized pixels.   I didn't get the first day's email until late last night, and Cassel, I  haven't received today's email either.  Perhaps I should reregister,  unless you can re enter my email address.  Most of the cards I make are either sent via email, or printed off on plain Avery greeting cards.

Sue, you don't have to re-register as your account has the proper access and the system says it did send you the email, so I wonder if it might have gone in the spam folder or been deleted as spam for whatever reason. The next one should be going out very shortly.

For those who might be new to using templates, there is an article on this so you can learn the basics:

https://scrapbookcampus.com/2017/11/how-to-use-scrapbooking-templates/