August Theme Challenge - ADVENTURE

Cassel

Theme-Adventure

The theme for August is ADVENTURE. What is an adventure for you? A bike ride? An afternoon watching birds and wildlife? A slow walk in a national park? Or you have some bolder adventures to tell us about?

Let's go!

Post your project in the gallery.

• Cassel pinned this topic

Grandson Tyler had an adventure in July with a singles vacation in Bali, Indonesia. The flight was very long but luxurious hosted by Qatar Airlines. He was delighted to be hooked up with 4 single women for the tours. This is just a template from my stash. The Bali logo is from a search which produced this on a t-shirt, and I added the date. Enjoy! 

2024 TYLER IN BALI INDONESIA_600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Many years ago we went mudflat walking with the company where my husband worked. Every year there was some sort of activity, like visiting something work-related but that year (2005) we had a whole weekend in the north of the Netherlands. Part of it was a tour with a guide on the mudflats or "Wadden". It is a popular activity because it is a real adventure. The guide had a long pole with him to measure the depth of the ditches we had to cross and  had to get everybody of the group back before it became high tide. The tour started with a speech about the mudflats and a warning to stay together and do as he said to keep it safe. At first the going was fairly easy, we walked on a sandbank but later it became rather difficult. The soil became muddier and especially the ditches we tough. We helped each other because it was difficult to keep your balance and we got muddier and muddier and the water started to rise again so the ditches became deeper.  I will never forget this adventure, but it is once and never again. 

Adventure-600.jpg

• Like 2
  • WOW 2
  • Love 2

The adventure I have captured here was our 50th anniversary vacation.  It was an adventure from the first to the last day.  The train ride to Dneali was fun, It rained the whole time we were up there though.  We did get to see some wildlife but of course the mountain was hiding in the clouds.  We did have a nice room and the food was good. We then took a bus down to get to our ship.  This was our first cruse so that was fun. Good food and drinks and some beautiful sunrises and sunsets. At a couple of the stops we did do one of the tours.  The pic in the center is from one of those, it was actually on our Anniversary.  The last adventure though was the plain we were supposed to fly home in was canceled because of a bird broke the front window.  What a mess that was trying to get all those people on to other flights.  We wound up having to stay in a hotel another night and fly home the next day.  Instead of having nice seats we were stuck in some really small ones and would not have even been sitting together if it wasn't for a really nice Airline employee doing some magic and getting us seated together.   Creating this has been fun too (not) because of issues when I tried doing it with 2023. When I had it almost all finished, every time I tried to do something it would close.  I finally opened both 23 and 21  and one by one copied and pasted every thin for 23 to 21 so I could finish it.    

alaska adventure done  6.jpg

• Love 3

23 minutes ago, Anne Lamp said:

The adventure I have captured here was our 50th anniversary vacation.  It was an adventure from the first to the last day.  The train ride to Dneali was fun, It rained the whole time we were up there though.  We did get to see some wildlife but of course the mountain was hiding in the clouds.  We did have a nice room and the food was good. We then took a bus down to get to our ship.  This was our first cruse so that was fun. Good food and drinks and some beautiful sunrises and sunsets. At a couple of the stops we did do one of the tours.  The pic in the center is from one of those, it was actually on our Anniversary.  The last adventure though was the plain we were supposed to fly home in was canceled because of a bird broke the front window.  What a mess that was trying to get all those people on to other flights.  We wound up having to stay in a hotel another night and fly home the next day.  Instead of having nice seats we were stuck in some really small ones and would not have even been sitting together if it wasn't for a really nice Airline employee doing some magic and getting us seated together.   Creating this has been fun too (not) because of issues when I tried doing it with 2023. When I had it almost all finished, every time I tried to do something it would close.  I finally opened both 23 and 21  and one by one copied and pasted every thin for 23 to 21 so I could finish it.    

alaska adventure done  6.jpg

Your trip maybe didn't go as planned but it turned out to be a great adventure! For sure psp-2023 is giving us all a headache!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Your trip maybe didn't go as planned but it turned out to be a great adventure! For sure psp-2023 is giving us all a headache!

I had  always thought I would like to see Alaska and I am glad we did this.  I think the cruise part would have been better if we were the the kind of couple that liked the entertainment they had available, but is just isn't something we enjoy doing.  When we mentioned at breakfast on our Anniversary that is was our 50th. There were several other couples that said that is what they were celebrating too. 

• Like 1