June SKETCH Challenge (2024)

Cassel

On 6/28/2024 at 5:40 AM, Susan Ewart said:

Here the sketch I did.  Pretty much followed the sketch.  The three photos are mine (one was extracted- yellow dandelion).  The little tag was a vector shape I made in the first Vector Workshop.  I made frame by promoting the background layer and gave them a bevel.  the lines below the tag are the effect>cutout and i used a vector ellipse shape to have tapered ends.  It's the first time I made something I could use "Selection from Vector Object".  The background paper is a photo I did of dandelion seeds on a black background.  I first did negative image, then used a blend mode, then I think I used HSL and reduced the opacity or something like that.  the bottom tiling is a CASS punch (cass-Edge12), then a small inner bevel and small shadow which made it stand out more.  Fonts used are  Adorn Copperplate on the tag and Amanda Sunshine for the quote.  Both from Creative Fabrica.  My text tool was acting very strangely today.  I couldnt move it or resize it, it would just jump back to where it was.  Also I used cass-screwheads picture tube for the screw on the tag.  

I'm not sure about the quote.  I couldnt find any color that showed up well against the busy background.  I tried the paint behind technique but I did a dismal job at it so I used a layer style so the quote would at least be readable.

Sketch 190 June 2024-600.jpg

I love this, Susan! So many details and techniques... great job!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

A little late but here it is. I was really surprised to look up and find this girl so close and willing to come closer!

large.2024622Curious6SketchChallenge600.jpg.0dc98029b0ae4063201daf38686e08ed.jpg

Fonts: Arial, Alphebet Soup Tilt BT (Curiousity), Sloppy Hand (wild and wonderful)

Bonnie, what an amazing experience! So close to this beauty... really a special moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

A little late but here it is. I was really surprised to look up and find this girl so close and willing to come closer!

large.2024622Curious6SketchChallenge600.jpg.0dc98029b0ae4063201daf38686e08ed.jpg

Fonts: Arial, Alphebet Soup Tilt BT (Curiousity), Sloppy Hand (wild and wonderful)

Bonnie it must be gorgeous to have such amazing animals wandering in your garden; you are very privileged!

• Like 1